Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Can't read track01 with Nero Express

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Can't read track01 with Nero Express

Postby new2cdrw on Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:02 am

I recently bought a TDK celocd 48/16/24. I also already had a DVDRom. I can copy a whold Audio Cd, but cannot access track01 with NERO when I am trying to copy individual tracks. I can access it with the TDK, but not with the DVD. I have tried to access track01 on multiple audio CD's and no go. I am not sure what the brand of the DVD is, I will hae to open up the case to find out. Does anybody have any ideas? :-?
new2cdrw
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:31 pm

I would highly recommend upgrading the firmware on your recorder.

As well as upgrading to the latest Nero, as it will include the latest support for CDROM and DVDROM drives to be used as source drives.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby new2cdrw on Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:05 pm

I have the latest updates to the NERO software already installed. I can read the track01 from the CR recorder, I just can't read it from the DVDRom. Could it be a software bug with the program and this particular DVDRom?
new2cdrw
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:12 pm

Anything is possible.

I would recommend downloading a third party software to see if it is an issue with our Nero software.

You can try NTI's software CD Maker from www.ntius.com or CDRWIN from www.goldenhawk.com

And if they do not show the same symptom then I would very strongly suspect our Nero software as the culprit.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby new2cdrw on Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:29 am

I added an additional 128 MB to my system, so that brings me up to 192MB. Now I am getting different results. When I select track01 on the DVDRom it takes about 2.5 minutes to do the analysis. When I select any other track, it takes about 25 seconds. If I select any track using the TDK CD writer, it takes about 20 seconds for the analysis.
Just for grins, I uninstalled and reinstalled Nero and received the same results. However, now I do receive a message tht the Nero driver is not installed???
I did not try the other software yet, because it seems they do not want to be installed with Nero installed on the system. If you still resommend that I install the other software, I can certainly do that.

Here is my basic configuration:
DCDRom=AFREEY DD-4010E
CDRW=TDK VeloCD 48x/24x/24x
OS=Win98SE
MEM=192MB
CPU= PentiumIII 550
new2cdrw
Buffer Underrun

Postby sgegreen on Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:27 pm

Before you do anything else, it might be worth looking at http://forum.firmware-flash.com/dl_firmware.php?category=1&manufactor=3 near bottom of page for comments about read errors and the firmware version of your Afreey DD-4010E DVD drive.[/url]
sgegreen
Buffer Underrun

Postby new2cdrw on Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:51 pm

okay, I seemed to have gotten things confused. So I uninstalled the product again, reinstalled the product. Downloaded the upgrade to .10. Not I am getting no error messages, but it's still taking 2.5 minutes to read track01 and only about 20 secs to read any other track. The progress meter takes an extremely long time to to fill in the first two blocks then the rest seem to go at the regular speed.

So that seems to be latest.
new2cdrw
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)