Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Help me with my LiteOn 48x24x48 Please!!

Burn baby burn!

Help me with my LiteOn 48x24x48 Please!!

Postby elpipetuanis on Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:25 am

I just got a new cd rw from lite on and i have been having trouble ever since i put it in. I have Windows XP Pro and when I first put the drive in the computer would recognize it but would not install it correctly. I tried everything from uninstalling it and reinstalling it in the hardware manager and i also uninstalled and reinstalled the ide channel drivers and that did not work. This is about the time i figured i needed a reformat anyways so i did. This has helped a little the computer now recognizes it and it works only after the computer boots up and then i have to go into the device manager and scan for hardware changes and then it finds it and it works, but i don't want to have to do this all the time. I even went as far as to flash the rom on the cdrw to the latest firmware. HELP please.

Thanks

edit: and when i go to burn it says that i can only burn at 24? in the device manager when i change the ide channel settings from pio to dma the cdrw disappears. :cry:
¿Quien es el Pipe Tuanis?
elpipetuanis
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:38 pm

Check your BIOS settings. You also might want to look for the latest drivers for your IDE controller. If you give more details (mobo chipsets, BIOS, versions of all software involved - including BIOS and drivers, IDE configuration, other drives attached, etc.) someone may be able to give you more intelligent help than what I have suggested.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby elpipetuanis on Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:26 pm

I think i figured it out. I think. I flashed my firmware to be a 52246s i think and it will burn at higher than 24x. now i will have to get media that will accomadate my speed so that i can burn at full potential. but i do need to do those things that you suggested anyways. thanks
¿Quien es el Pipe Tuanis?
elpipetuanis
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives