Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Sound Editor Roxio EasyCD 5.xx platinum

Easy Media Creator, Toast, RecordNow, MyDVD, WinOnCD, DLA, etc.

Sound Editor Roxio EasyCD 5.xx platinum

Postby Sylvia on Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:56 pm

Hi all

I'm new in the forum and not an expert at all in burning softwares but I think this is exactly the right place for the following problem ...

I've recently made some upgrades for my PC (eg bigger hard disk other than keeping the previous one, some software updates, Plexwriter 48/24/48A). With the new version again in Win98, I delete PRASSI CD - which is no longer working (no more upgrades for this)- and Roxio Easy CD (used only for sound editing) and I switched to NERO Burning Rom version 5.5.9.14 to have the 90min capability and the Sound Editor together. Unfortunately, and this is the problem :-( , I'm not able to get used to Nero Sound Editor and others that I tried (black backgrounds, not user-friendly for me and my eyes...).

I would install Roxio EasyCD 5.xx Platinum to have the Sound Editor I love, but I was told that Easy CD and Nero are still not compatible together (problems with dll files?) and usually create problems when present in the same PC. Since I'm definitely not an expert I would be grateful for some suggestions:
- is the incompatibility true, even if I would use only the EasyCD Sound Editor?
- can the EasyCD Sound Editor be installed as a stand alone piece?
- the Roxio site is now under maintenance, but Roxio EasyCD 5.xx Platinum has by chance 90 min CDR capability? and its Sound Editor has the same characteristics and aspect with white background as previous version?

Many many thanks in advance and ... sorry for the long reading
Sylvia
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:32 pm

Roxio Easy CD and Nero are perfectly compatible and can both be installed and live together peacefully. Just don't try to install the packet writing software (InCD and DirectCD) included with each. For packet writing software you do need to make a choice and install just one or the other (or, in my personal opinion, neither - I don't trust packet writing software in general).

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Sylvia on Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:00 pm

Thanks for the good news. I don't have the software yet but I understand that I can make the choice to install or not to install something (eg Direct CD) during the usual installation procedures ... the issue is that I've never installed by myself something complex like a burning software but this time I need to ... no external help.
Sylvia
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:30 pm

You shouldn't have any trouble installing just Easy CD without Direct CD. I know you won't have any trouble installing Nero without InCD since InCD has a separate installation program. But, if you do run into trouble, just post back here again and someone will be able to help.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Sylvia on Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:41 pm

Many thanks.
Sylvia
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:44 pm

i'm not sure, but i think the standard installation procedure installs both Easy CD Creator and DirectCD. since you don't want DirectCD, you need to choose the custom installation and then it asks you exactly what to install, at which point you choose Easy CD Creator and not choose DirectCD.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:56 am

since almost everyone here feels that Nero is a great program and Easy CD Creator is not -so-great to say the least, why don't you try to get the Nero sound editor working?

write a post in the Ahead forum and hopefully someone can help you out! :D
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Return to Sonic Solutions and Roxio