Home News Reviews Forums Shop

VCD Burning

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

VCD Burning

Postby Ghostman on Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:18 am

I have downloaded vcd`s and Svcd`s and know how to burn them correctly that the dvd player can play them, however, only if the Binary files have a corresponding Cue file to burn image with.

Question! How can I burn a downloaded vcd Binary file when it has no corresponding Cue file?

I have tried using "burn image and Iso and Vcd" under nero with no luck!

Plese educate me :-?
Ghostman
Buffer Underrun

Re: VCD Burning

Postby dbeko on Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:06 pm

Ghostman wrote:I have downloaded vcd`s and Svcd`s and know how to burn them correctly that the dvd player can play them, however, only if the Binary files have a corresponding Cue file to burn image with. How can I burn a downloaded vcd Binary file when it has no corresponding Cue file?

You can use CDR-Cue (I don't have the URL handy though) to generate the valid CUE file. That's what I've used in the past.
dbeko
Buffer Underrun

CDR-Cue

Postby Ghostman on Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:17 am

I am unsure where I can find this cdr cue, I shall surf the net of course but a url would make matters easier.

Thanks for the info though
Ghostman
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:06 am

This is a product called CDRCue Cuesheet editor:

http://www.dcsoft.com/prod03.htm

I've messed with this a little in the past, but I don't know if this is what dbeko meant. I didn't play with it much, but I don't recall it having any feature where it will automatically generate a cue file for you. It can certainly help you write your own cue sheet file, but I don't think that is what Ghostman wants to do.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

cue files for vcd and scvd

Postby Ghostman on Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:07 am

Hi all, I have learned from you all and thanks for that.

CDR cue is very good and does the job as needed! Through the cdr cue experience, I experimented with Nero and came up wth the same results.

" I created an ISO file (not through nero wizard) pulled the relvant VCD file onto the iso and performed a write cd changed the command to ( Create Image ) instead of burning and the nrg file that was produced I ( Burned Image ) using this Nrg file instead of a Cue file. Worked great!!!"

For those who don`t understand why I am doing this " I downloaded VCD`S without having the corresponding cue file, so I have to produce it myself, now I have two ways of doing it!!! :D
Ghostman
Buffer Underrun

Postby dbeko on Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:32 pm

cfitz wrote:I've messed with this a little in the past, but I don't know if this is what dbeko meant. I didn't play with it much, but I don't recall it having any feature where it will automatically generate a cue file for you. It can certainly help you write your own cue sheet file, but I don't think that is what Ghostman wants to do.

CDR-Cue can load the ISO or BIN file and generate a CUE file from it. I've used it to do that in the past..
dbeko
Buffer Underrun

cue

Postby Ghostman on Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:06 pm

CDR-Cue can load the ISO or BIN file and generate a CUE file from it. I've used it to do that in the past

Yes I know but when Nero converts to nrg and burns for me aswell. why should I use two different programs to do the same job. Thats all that I wanted to say! Nero converts and burns.
Ghostman
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:23 pm

dbeko wrote:CDR-Cue can load the ISO or BIN file and generate a CUE file from it. I've used it to do that in the past..

Really? How do you do it? I can't find the menu item. Also, I wouldn't imagine it is possible in all cases, since the bin file doesn't contain the track information needed for the cue file, only the raw data of the image. Of course, you can often guess at what the cue should be, but in more complex cases it might be problematic.

By the way, here is another utility that converts from bin to iso, even without a cue file:

http://www.weethet.nl/english/cdrw_bintoiso.php

I tried it on a very simple, single-session ISO 9660 bin image, and it worked for that. I don't know, as I said, if it will work for more complex images as well.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

nrg instead of cue

Postby Ghostman on Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:28 pm

If you go a little bit up and find my explanation on how to do it try it out!
Ghostman
Buffer Underrun

Re: nrg instead of cue

Postby cfitz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:37 pm

Ghostman wrote:If you go a little bit up and find my explanation on how to do it try it out!

I must be missing something. I see where you said "CDR cue is very good and does the job as needed!" but I don't see any explanation of how you used CDRCue to load a bin and automatically create the corresponding cue.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby cfitz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:46 pm

Oh. Now I see. There is no menu item. You have to drag and drop the bin file into the CDRCue main window. Your explanation was talking about Nero, so I didn't know you meant it to apply to CDRCue as well.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

misunderstanding

Postby Ghostman on Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:51 pm

Nevermind sometimes my explanations can be sometimes difficult to understand. I`m like that!
Ghostman
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)