Home News Reviews Forums Shop

why wont my writer burn at full speed

Burn baby burn!

why wont my writer burn at full speed

Postby toz666 on Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:30 pm

ok i just bought a artec 20/10/40 cdrw, installed nerod latest version, when i looked at settings i saw the correct stats as above, but when it came to burning my disc it burned at 12x, it did burn ok but i can nomatter how i try get it to even be recognised at full 20x speed write.
media is bog standard white top called glacier 48x grade a it says so media should be no problem.

so can anybody help at all.
toz666
Buffer Underrun

Yeah me too.

Postby Phil K on Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:41 pm

Yes. I have found my new LiteOn 48x is taking twice as long as my old Plex 24x did. :-?
Phil K
Buffer Underrun

Postby toz666 on Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:54 pm

yep strange ive tried everything but still wont.

i thought it was at first my previous cd writer that broke was a 12x write, and i just thought it was the previous drivers and stuff conflicting , but i just removed everything and started from scratch, and like i say at foirst glance i see 20/10/40, till it comes round to burning.
but i now have seen on here that my type of burner that has just-link on it does infact pik a default speed to write depending on the media ur using (anybody confirm or deny that)

iam about to install cd creator to see if that does any differant, because earlier that never even had any writer recognised at all.

woo have u ever had one of them months were u want to take ya pc out the back and give it a good thrashing :D, cos i definatly am.
toz666
Buffer Underrun

Postby toz666 on Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:02 pm

dam something is definatly wrong

ive just run cd info and that shows my writer at 12x write speed.

aghhh so come peeps help plzzz
toz666
Buffer Underrun

Postby trevscs2000 on Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:10 pm

How many diiferent types of media have you tried. I have noticed that my Samsung 40x will usually do about 20-24x, depending on the media. I can try crappy old cheap 40x discs and they will max out at about 16x, but if I shove in a Pioneer 32x it will hit 32x. Nero has the same settings where it will check the media for the best write speed and write at that speed. It won't try to do 40x if the media cannot handle it.
trevscs2000
Buffer Underrun

Postby toz666 on Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:35 pm

woohoo well low and behold

i install what is for me usually a peice of software i detest greatly (cd creator) then the update still no joy , then i spot a tiny 257k dl of the latest drive updates , and finally it gets recognised exactly what is supposed to be.

i will add thow that indeed there is a thing within this drive that does allow for pre reading of media because one of the settings now is optimal, with a explanation telling you that this is the best choice as it will auto select best speed for the meduim used.

anybody else having these kind of probs i suggest u go and dl all updates for cd creator.
toz666
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives