Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Home Depot Deal 3/2 to ?

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Home Depot Deal 3/2 to ?

Postby CowboySlim on Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:28 pm

Belkin Home and Office Back UPS
350 VA
Windows (All)

$25 HUGE

Slim
Who Fills in the Gaps for BuddhaTB
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:00 am

I bought one of those here for 35 and thought that was a good deal. They didn't have many left then.
I wont run a box without one anymore. When I was on dial up it saved my bacon on big dowloads a couple of times.
I have 3 now, a big 1400 VA on my machine and 2 smaller ones running the living room box and the cable box and router :)
Cable doesn't work well without a router and the modem ;)
The big one will run my full tower for half an hour.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby socheat on Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:13 pm

Thanks for the tip, CowboySlim. I just picked two up at my local Home Depot for $18! :o This'll be perfect for my little server.

Socheat
socheat
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:29 am

OfficeMax has a similar deal.
Belkin Home Office 350VA UPS
$19.99
Free Shipping on Orders Over $50
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Tue Mar 04, 2003 2:55 am

I'm pretty sure the one I bought was the 425 model, the battery inside is almost worth what I paid.
My old one is a 525 that I have had for probably 8 years and the battery and internal plugs were getting hammered. I got the big boy then later repaired the bad plug on the circuit board and replaced the battery, it lives again :)
It couldn't keep up with a tower full of goodies and a 21 inch monitor anymore, the newer one works pretty well with the small machine out front.
Too bad they didn't have the bigger ones available, they said they won't carry them again.
The big boy is a monster, 3 batteries and they are hot swappable.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:40 am

I run most of the time via my laptop (with battery inserted as backup), and power outtages are rare.

My office is already crammed with power strips, ethernet & power cables. Do you guys think I really need a UPS or 2? Never used these things either... Thanks for your feedback.
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:28 pm

UALOneKPlus wrote:My office is already crammed with power strips, ethernet & power cables. Do you guys think I really need a UPS or 2? Never used these things either... Thanks for your feedback.

I wonder the same thing sometimes. I'm not really afraid of loosing anything inportant if the power went out, since its all for school anyways. I personally think if your working on an important assignment or project for your work or business, then one of these would be valuable. Also if you run a server, then you'd need one. Other than that, it's just a safety/emergency thing if the power ever goes out while working on your computer. Also, if you live in an area that gets bad weather every year, it'd be nice to have one of these in case the power went out.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:29 pm

About the power outtages: It doesn't matter.

At these prices, they are cheaper than good surge suppressors.

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:57 pm

Well it's a really nice surge suppressor, better then any power strip. Most of these will also boost and buck voltage if your having a bad power day.
I liked the idea of being able to safely turn of the machine in case of a power outage and the extra mega protection they offer your equipment.
I bought my first one for 118 8 years or so ago and it worked very well until last summer when the load finally cuaght up with it.
I wanted another one so I watched e-bay and got the big one for 156 delivered, now I can sit here and surf or finish my game or cd/dvd project and not worry for a half hour.
You don't need one but it sure is that little extra peace of mind if you got one, and yup if your running mission critical stuff or have a server it's a must I'd say.
I got the last one just becuase it was cheap and now everything that is part of the network has a UPS :)
None of us need our CDRW's either, or the computers, or big audio video systems. It's a don't need but want thing ;)
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:31 pm

None of us need our CDRW's either, or the computers, or big audio video systems. It's a don't need but want thing

That's right! Just like that set of Hooker Headers that I really needed for my truck 30 years ago.

Better yet, you don't have to work on your back and get your hands all cut up installing another 256Mb of RAM.

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Re: Home Depot Deal 3/2 to ?

Postby Wedge Maniac on Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:40 pm

CowboySlim wrote:Belkin Home and Office Back UPS
350 VA
Windows (All)

$25 HUGE

Slim
Who Fills in the Gaps for BuddhaTB

So this is a great deal? Only asking because I know nothing about UPS's. I have been wanting to check into buying one. It would be nice to have the peace of mind that I could save my work then shut down the computer in the event of a power outage.
Wedge Maniac
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:47 pm

The battery alone is probably worth close to what they want for the whole thing.
So yes it's worth it, it's just a very small UPS is all.
If you have a tiny systrm with no extras it might run it for 5 or 6 minutes.
If you have a huge tower with everything full and a big monitor it might be close to overloaded, but it's still the best surge sppressor you can buy at that price.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:54 pm

Does anyone have the physical dimensions of this Belkin unit? I want to see if it will fit between my computer desk and the wall. Thanks for any help.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:12 am

Try this link
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductP ... ts%2Fct_Id>
It's all listed there
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby JRoDDz on Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:44 pm

Socheat wrote:Thanks for the tip, CowboySlim. I just picked two up at my local Home Depot for $18! :o This'll be perfect for my little server.

Socheat

I just bought 2 of these also for $18.00 a piece at Home Depot. They are cheaper than some surge supressors! These retail between 39.99 and 59.99 elsewhere.
JRoDDz
Buffer Underrun

Postby JRoDDz on Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:49 pm

Socheat wrote:Thanks for the tip, CowboySlim. I just picked two up at my local Home Depot for $18! :o This'll be perfect for my little server.

Socheat

I just bought 2 of these also for $18.00 a piece at Home Depot. They are cheaper than some surge supressors! These retail between 39.99 and 59.99 elsewhere.
JRoDDz
Buffer Underrun

Postby CowboySlim on Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:34 am

You bet! I'm just here to please.

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Return to Hot Deals