Home News Reviews Forums Shop

LG GCE-8400B can't burn under 40X???

Burn baby burn!

LG GCE-8400B can't burn under 40X???

Postby F8 on Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:05 pm

Hey guys,

I installed my new LG cdr burner (40X12X40X) and I installed the Roxio software it came with plus Nero 5.5.10.0. Neither software wants to burn cds with this burner less than 40X speed. What is wrong? I don't even have 40X cdrs! LOL :o Anyway, I've tried playing around with the setup but I can't seem to fix this. And the tab that you normally click on (in either program) to select your burn speed only shows 40X.

Can anyone help? I haven't burnt a cd yet because I'm worried that if I burn at 40X on 24X media that I might ruin the burner.

Any suggestions?? Thanx a million,

F8 :D
F8
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:02 pm

I don't know about Roxio, but Nero sometimes has a little trouble picking up supported speeds on a burner when it is freshly installed or upgraded. Usually burning a disc or turn seems to correct this. Go ahead and burn a couple of those 24x discs at 40x. You won't hurt the drive at all. The worst that can happen is that the disc itself isn't readable after it is burned. And I suspect you won't even have that problem. The drive should adjust the burn speed to match the abilities of the media (which aren't always the same as their rating).

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives