Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Problem burning ISO image

Anything else

Problem burning ISO image

Postby Day on Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:15 pm

I have an ISO of Windows 2000 which I can burn to CD (using Nero), but when I want to explore the CD in windows explorer the CD appears empty - its not showing anything. But when I explore the CD in Nero it says that 400MB track is burned on the CD but even Nero does not show any information that is written on that CD.
I tried booting with the CD but nothing happens.

But the strange thing is that when I open the ISO file in WinISO it shows all the correct files. Very weird. I can extract the files to HDD and burn them onto the CD but then the CD will not be bootable.
Is there a way of burning these extracted files and still making the CD bootable?

Does anyone know what is happening, am I doing anything wrong?
Day
Buffer Underrun

Postby CowboySlim on Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:41 am

Day,

I don't know enough to help you accomplish that which you are trying to do in the manner in which you are doing it. However, this is how I have achieved the same result.

After making a backup of my primary/bootable partition with Dantz Retrospect Express, I then select the option of making a disaster recovery image file. As it begins to do this, it asks me to load my Windows XP Home Edition CD, and it takes some file from it, my registry, settings and who knows what else to generate the image file. After that, I use Nero to run a "Burn Image" of the file to create the bootable, disaster recovery CD.

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby DOGSNOT on Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:41 pm

To burn an an ISO in Nero all you should have to do is open Nero and close off any secondary windows that open. selct File, Burn Image. then down where it says file type in the drop down menu, select "all files". direct it to your file and burn. Do not change any settings in the diolague box, and you should have it. also if you need, you can use easy cd creator. that will burn a iso file without much fuss.
DOGSNOT
Buffer Underrun

Return to General Software Questions