Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Overburning data

Burn baby burn!

Overburning data

Postby nordboh on Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:28 pm

Hi,

I`m very new to overburning, and are having some problems. I`m using nero, 551015, my burner is plextor 40/12/40A. It supports overburning, have checked that. And under expert features I have chosen enable overburn and increased the time with a few minutes.
When I start a new compilation in nero, I chose CD-ROM(ISO), to burn normal data. Is this the right way to do it? I have read that I have to chose Disc-at_once as write method, but this can`t be done when CD-ROm(iso) is chosen. So when I start burning with track at once, nero just tells me there is no left space to burn the compilation.
If I chose for instance audio-cd, I am able to use disc-at-once, but I want to burn a datacd, not a audio or video-cd. The data I try to burn is about 705 mb.

Hope anyone can help...
nordboh
Buffer Underrun

Re: Overburning data

Postby cfitz on Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:52 pm

nordboh wrote:I have read that I have to chose Disc-at_once as write method, but this can`t be done when CD-ROm(iso) is chosen.

Sure it can. Take a look at the "Multisession" tab. You probably have "Start Multisession" checked. You need to have "No Multisession" checked. Then you will be able to select DAO burning.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Damn, that worked!:)

Postby nordboh on Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:48 am

Thanks alot, it really started frustrating me....
A bit embarresing not having tried this before I asked.. :oops:
nordboh
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:05 am

No problem.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives