Home News Reviews Forums Shop

how to link 2 sessions

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

how to link 2 sessions

Postby bkrushna on Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:30 am

Hi Guys,
How to link 2 sessions written to CD? I have written cd twise. But i am able to see only last written files? why but when i am reading CD info i am seeing that actually 2 tracks are written for 2 different sessions. Then why i can see it in explorer?
bkrushna
Buffer Underrun

Postby Wedge Maniac on Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:33 pm

Hi bkrushna,

I wanted to mention to others that might be reading this post: bkrushna is using NERO SDK. He needs help in VC++ 6.0

To forum viewers: As I am completely unfamiliar with this I cannot help bkrushna. Hopefully, somebody will know what he is talking about now that I have included some very important details.
Wedge Maniac
CD-RW Player

Re: how to link 2 sessions

Postby cfitz on Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:16 pm

bkrushna wrote:Hi Guys,
How to link 2 sessions written to CD? I have written cd twise. But i am able to see only last written files? why but when i am reading CD info i am seeing that actually 2 tracks are written for 2 different sessions. Then why i can see it in explorer?

Are you using the NeroImportIsoTrackEx() API to get the old session information as I suggested? Are you adding the returned NERO_ISO_ITEM to the new ISO tree you are building for the new session? Something like this:

Code: Select all
NERO_ISO_ITEM *pExistingSessionItem = NeroImportIsoTrackEx(...);

pNewSessionItem->nextItem = pExistingSessionItem;

Look for the CBurnContext::GetIsoTrack method in the NeroCmd example project of the SDK. It shows how to import a previous session into a new session.

By the way, please make up your mind how you wish to pursue this issue, and stick with it consistently. I generally prefer to keep technical discussions in the open forums where all can see and contribute, but in your case when you sent me a private message I decided it was okay to take this discussion off line because it is rather esoteric, and not of general interest to the vast majority of the readers of this site. But now I see you have started a second, new thread for this topic and that you have also been corresponding with others via private messages. I'm not too happy about this whole state of affairs.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Sorry Cfitz

Postby bkrushna on Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:02 am

Sorry Cfitz I am sorry,
Yes u r right this is technical discussion should be avaliable to all. Next time i will keep this in mind. Thx for help
yes this discussion group is really nice to have discussion on technical problems. I will follow all rules of this groups thx Cfitz. Thanks Wedge Maniac for helping me thanks once again all of u
bkrushna
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)