Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Informative site on IDF Operation "Opera"

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Informative site on IDF Operation "Opera"

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:17 am

I found this site on the net. I think it is very informative about the IDF Operation "Opera."

http://www.alisrael.com/tamuz/

Operation Opera is when the IDF destroyed the Iraqi Nuclear Reactor in 1981.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby banzibaby on Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:12 am

Yet more proprganda from the biggest terroists nowadays

Sorry but i have no respect 4 a people who take over another country & then start expelling the locals

I find the whole thing ironic, they complain about how they were treated, & then turn around & act like dictators to the palastinines

Israel is the biggest threat in the arab world

BTW im not anti semitic, but they kill way 2 many children in their quest 2 have all israel 2 therselves

BaNzI
banzibaby
CD-RW Thug

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:57 pm

very funny.
or actually, very sad.
it appears that you don't know the meaning of the word "terrorism"

it also appears that you don't know the meaning of the word "anti-semitism".
anti-semitism has nothing to do with the Israeli-Arab/Palestinian conflict, by definition, as all Arabs are semites just as much as the Israelis are, probably even more so.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby banzibaby on Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:19 pm

I know what i ment

They kill saying the killing terrorists, but they killing ordinery people who just want their homeland back

Believe me im no racist, i just think they act in a way that make them worse than the people they are shooting, after all it well known they have an active assisnation policy

It the UN fault for making the state of Israel & it is this that is the main point of conflict there

Just cause it says it their homeland in a (let's face it)fictitious book, does'nt mean they have the right to oppress people, & kick them from their land & slaughter them in the name of god

But then im non religious, but i respect other right 2 believe.The reason my first post was short is casue of all the lies & half truths that ANY naition uses 2 kill the weak & unarmed really makes me angry

U just have 2 look at the Americans conduct in Iraq 2 see they dont give a damn about the people they are supposedly liberating, hell they dont even care if they kill the UK troops.Guided cluster bombs, there is no such thing, but then all the truth will only come out when we all old & grey cause of National Security

It is not my intention 2 cause offence, i just thought that the link was a pointless insulting joke

Sorry

BaNzI

Ps im very well read in the politics of the region & of the history, but in the UK anti semitic is used by the media 2 mean anti jewish, so if i used the wrong word, then i apoligise
banzibaby
CD-RW Thug

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:45 pm

banzibaby wrote:It is not my intention 2 cause offence, i just thought that the link was a pointless insulting joke

If it weren't for that bombing of the Iraqi Nuclear Reactor, you might not be alive today.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby cfitz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:02 pm

banzibaby wrote:Ps im very well read in the politics of the region & of the history,

Apparently not, if you believe that Israel being a homeland of Jews is a fiction.

I'm really shocked at the bile, hatred and narrow perspective of your posts, banzibaby. I really don't know how to address it. I can only suggest that you make an honest effort to obtain a balanced view of the situation, and not be blinded by your own propaganda.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:04 pm

@aviationwiz:
you're probably wrong.
banzibaby lives in Scotland. so even if the Iraqi nuclear reactor were not destroyed, he'd still be fine. I, on the other hand, might very well be dead.

@banzibaby:
it's still surprising how much of what you say is wrong.

on another matter: you call Israel terrorists. but you don't call the Palestinians terrorists. quite an interesting double-standard.

from much of what you say it is clear that you are not very well informed about the politics and history of the region, despite your claim.

what fictitious book give the Israelis the right to their land ? do you mean the Holy Bible?

however i am not interested in a political discussion.
this is the last i'm going to post on this thread.
Last edited by dodecahedron on Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:10 pm

dodecahedron wrote:@aviationwiz:
you're probably wrong.
banzibaby

What would have stopped Saddam from nuking Israel, England, or anyone else. Awnser. Nothing.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby banzibaby on Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:13 pm

My posts on this were'nt bile or hatred just me expressing the disgust i felt at the link.After all it is posted in the joke & laugh section

I feel no hatred or disrespect for any nation, colour or creed

Im am well read in history & cultures, so im not narrow minded

I never ment 2 cause offence or any ill felling

Im Sorry

I just dont support the war in Iraq, too many innocent people being killed

Apoligies

BaNzI :(
banzibaby
CD-RW Thug

Postby cfitz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:32 pm

Perhaps I misread. It came across that way, but maybe it was the heat of your passion and anger at what you see as unjust behavior.

As regards the war, it is certainly your right to be against it, and I respect that. And I agree that the loss of innocent civilians is tragic. But it isn't terrorism, since civilians are not being deliberately targeted. The coalition forces appear to be doing more to avoid civilian casualties than any other force ever has in any other war.

Contrast that behavior to that of the Iraqi defenders who have set up bases inside schools, hospitals, and mosques, deliberately putting civilians in danger. And contrast it also to the terrorists such as Hamas and al-Qaeda who go one step further and deliberately target civilians for maiming and death. There is no moral equivalence here.

Finally, barring some terrible, unforeseen event, Saddam has already killed orders of magnitudes more of his own civilians than the coalition forces ever will. One could argue that the terrible and tragic deaths of civilians now will prevent many more deaths in the future. It is an awful calculus to have to make, but unfortunately we live in a world where such decisions are forced upon us.

Still, it is your right to deplore and protest the war, and I will not try to silence you. I just ask that you and everyone search out a balanced view and not simply repeat the rhetoric of either side.

cfitz

P.S. The Beer Garden isn't just for jokes. It is an open forum.
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:18 pm

I believe he is talking about Israeli Soldiers killing civilians. Not American and British Forces killing Civilians.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:20 pm

It's amazing how I post a link to a site that I think is informative, (I certaintly learned something from it.) and one person turns it into an arguement.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby cfitz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:37 pm

aviationwiz wrote:I believe he is talking about Israeli Soldiers killing civilians. Not American and British Forces killing Civilians.

He was talking about both.:

banzibaby wrote:They kill saying the killing terrorists, but they killing ordinery people who just want their homeland back

banzibaby wrote:U just have 2 look at the Americans conduct in Iraq 2 see they dont give a damn about the people they are supposedly liberating

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby cfitz on Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:44 pm

aviationwiz wrote:It's amazing how I post a link to a site that I think is informative, (I certaintly learned something from it.) and one person turns it into an arguement.

That is probably being a little naive. This is well known to be a hotly disputed subject, with people on both sides holding strong opinions. One would reasonably expect to provoke a reaction by posting a post such as yours. I'm not saying you are wrong to post your beliefs; just that it is disingenuous to characterize such a post as a simple, non-controversial, neutral presentation of information.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby banzibaby on Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:57 pm

Im Sorry.I will keep my mouth quieter from now on.

I think i just stick to helpin people with any probs about comuter related matters.

I Apoligise once again

I just lost it for a while.It jst the more i learn of this war, the more im against it

Sorr for losing the head

BaNzI
banzibaby
CD-RW Thug

Postby Turkeyscore.com on Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:47 pm

I am for the war in Iraq, Some say that the americans are killing civilians. The number of accidental civilian deaths is nothing compared to what Sadaam and his cronies have done.
Turkeyscore.com
CD-RW Player

Postby Matt on Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:54 pm

If the grammar used is any indiciation of one's "enlightenment", I think everyone can judge for themselves.
Matt
CD-RW Player

Postby banzibaby on Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:04 am

Screw U Matt
banzibaby
CD-RW Thug

Postby Matt on Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:20 am

Love "U" "2" buddy :P
Matt
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden