Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 5.5.10.20 chops WAV/CD Audio titles when dragged in

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 5.5.10.20 chops WAV/CD Audio titles when dragged in

Postby Justin42 on Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:32 pm

Hi, I just upgraded to Nero 5.5.10.20 and have noticed when I drag and drop .WAV files into an Audio CD creation, it attempts to find an Artist and Title for the CD TEXT and it chops up the title. It will do it on ANY punctuation, and sometimes on any multiple word title... for example, if I drag a song called "I Should've Never Let Go.Wav" into the Audio CD, I see "ve Never Let You Go" in the window, and when I go to track properties, the artist (in the properties) is listed as "I Should", and the title is "ve Never Let You Go", instead of the full title, with NO artist listed.

2 word titles seem the worst, for a song called "Holding On", the title shows as "On", and artist is "Holding".

Can anyone confirm this? Is this a new behaviour (I've never seen this before, including 5.5.10.15a) that I can toggle on/off?

(This is Nero, not Nero Express, which I haven't tested)
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:21 am

I just tried it and can confirm your experience. The results are inconsistent when WAV files are dragged to the compilation window. It appears that if the file name has no punctuation marks then it is transferred properly with the file name used for both the artist and title in "Properties".

However, if there is an apostrophe or a dash (and maybe other punctuation marks) in the file name, the characters before the punctuation mark are treated as the artist and the following characters are the truncated song title.

This is the same thing that is happening to you. Nero has apparently bestowed a new bug with the latest update. 8)
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:12 pm

Update:

Upon further investigation this is not a bug, but a matter of well concealed settings. :oops: On the other hand, well concealed settings could be considered a design bug. :-?

By default, Nero parses CD Text artist and title from the filename using delimiters (characters such as dashes, commas, quotation marks, etc.). If you go to Audio plugin manager settings in File | Preferences | General | Plugin Lookup | Artist/Title information source and select "Always from the file information block", the will allow the original WAV file name to be used in the audio compilation. :wink: Since a WAV file has no file information block (as does an MP3 file), no artist/title information can be extracted.

The other two choices allow file names to be used for artist/title information, while "Expected filename format" allows the selection of Artist/Title or Title/Artist when it is desired to use the file name with delimiters.

This feature would be very useful in creating CD Text discs when the filenames are arranged by artist/title (or vice versa) with a delimiter separating the categories. :)
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Wow

Postby Justin42 on Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:03 pm

I'm amazed you found that... I'll have to check that when I get back to the computer with the 5.5.10.20 update (my machine at work doesn't have it yet..) but it looks promising based on what 5.5.10.15a looks like here.

Thanks!
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:49 pm

You're welcome. :wink:
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby Action Jackson on Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:26 am

I noticed another problem with this version of Nero.

When I try to make a compilation for a non copy protected game CD, it just hangs.

Going back to an earlier version of Nero solved the problem.
Action Jackson
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)