Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Wanted, Cheap Place Online for Printer Cartridges and Toner

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Wanted, Cheap Place Online for Printer Cartridges and Toner

Postby BuddhaTB on Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:51 pm

Like the title states. I'm looking for a place online that sells inkjet printer cartridges and laser printer toners for a good price.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:01 pm

This post belongs in the Buy & Sell forum. Why don't you move it?
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby burninfool on Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:20 pm

burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby BoGMan1a on Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:29 pm

Just got a couple of cartridges from PrintPal (HP 45A and 78A replacement), and I am not impressed. I may have just gotten a bad one, but I can't get a red from the 78A replacement I bought even after several cleaning cycles. I haven't run the new black one that I got yet, but I feel that one will probably be safe(a little harder to mess up black, I would figure). They do have a pretty good idea with the mailers for refilling your old cart, but I will only give them one more try. Anybody with experience either way with PrintPal and the 78A replacement cart, I would appreciate your input before I make my final decisions.
Main Computer:
ASUS A7N8X deluxe
AMD Athlon XP2500
1Gb PC3200
6600GT AGP
BENQ 1620
NEC 3500AG
Lite-on 52246S
Lite-on LTC-48161H
1 Tb of internal HDD space
750+ Gb external storage
Dual Boot Win2000Pro/XP Home
BoGMan1a
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:35 pm

aviationwiz wrote:This post belongs in the Buy & Sell forum. Why don't you move it?

Not really. If you look at the description under the Hot Deals Forum Title it states the following:
Hot Deals Forum Description wrote:Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:40 pm

I just found some cheap OEM inkjet cartridges on eBay for my HP printer. I think this might be the way to go, if they haven't expired yet.

Does the expiration date on the inkjet cartridges make a big difference if its already expired?
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:43 am

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I would rather be on the safe side and go and get it from my local store. That way, if there is a problem. You just go take it back right to your store, and get a new one. For something so small as an ink cartridge, you would be much better off buying it in the store.Unless, you can't find it. In which case you could buy it from your printer manufacturer.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:44 am

BuddhaTB wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:This post belongs in the Buy & Sell forum. Why don't you move it?

Not really. If you look at the description under the Hot Deals Forum Title it states the following:
Hot Deals Forum Description wrote:Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Looking to sell? Looking to buy?
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CowboySlim on Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:50 am

BuddaTB,

I've been buying Canon brand color cartridges from somebody that I originally found through e-bay. However, I now just buy directly from her at about 1/2 store price or better. Don't know if she carries other brands. I'll post her e-mail when I get home.

Slim
Last edited by CowboySlim on Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:03 pm

The stuff I found on eBay is OEM Inkjet cartridges from HP and I can probably get them for less than $10, which would be more than half off of the retail price. There's one that ends today and so far my bid is at $2. Hopefully I don't have to pay more than $10 for it including shipping.

aviationwiz, I'm looking for a hot deal, which is why it is posted here. Also more people check this forum than the buy and sell forum. There is no right or wrong answer to this, each person's judgement is different.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:43 pm

Watch the auction at the end. That's when it all hapens - last 30 minutes. Let us know how it turns out.

My take on the forum characterization. Just taking a first look: Buy & Sell, I infer as buying and selling among forum participants; Hot Deals, I infer as providing forum participants notice of good deals offered by third parties (non participants).

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Lew on Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:13 pm

I've had good luck getting inkjet carts from www.ink4art.com

Check techbargains.com for discount codes.
Lew
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:29 pm

CowboySlim wrote:My take on the forum characterization. Just taking a first look: Buy & Sell, I infer as buying and selling among forum participants; Hot Deals, I infer as providing forum participants notice of good deals offered by third parties (non participants).

sounds right! :)
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby TheWizard on Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:38 am

eBay is definitely the way to go. Oh, and I highly recommended getting original HP inkjet cartridges. I tried the remanufactured/refilled ones and the quality doesn't compare to the original. Either way, you can still get cheap. original HP cartridges on eBay.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:23 pm

TheWizard wrote: I tried the remanufactured/refilled ones and the quality doesn't compare to the original.

I agree. I tried using the refill kits once, and the black wasn't that dark.

The one auction I was trying to win on eBay ended at $16 shipped for one OEM HP 26A ink cartridge. I'm going to try to bid on some other ones and see if I can get those for cheaper. But $16 is already way cheaper than spending $25 plus tax for one from a retail store.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:33 pm

BuddhaTB,

I've looked at those e-bays and at the last minute the prices go right up to almost retail. They are mostly professional sellers whole sell there full time.

Check this: inkcarts@terragon.com. Name is Dusty Flitz and she will respond to e-mail the next day if not sooner. I've purchased real Canon inks from her on three occasions and will go nowhere else. She is 30 to 50% (If I recall correctly) lower than Staples or any bigbox retailer. I do the PayPal just like ebay and she ships the next day (I pay about $6 for shipping).

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:38 am

CowboySlim wrote:I've looked at those e-bays and at the last minute the prices go right up to almost retail. They are mostly professional sellers whole sell there full time.

Check this: inkcarts@terragon.com. Name is Dusty Flitz and she will respond to e-mail the next day if not sooner. I've purchased real Canon inks from her on three occasions and will go nowhere else. She is 30 to 50% (If I recall correctly) lower than Staples or any bigbox retailer. I do the PayPal just like ebay and she ships the next day (I pay about $6 for shipping).

Thanks for the recommendation. I just wrote to her and hopefully her prices compare favorably with eBay. I really don't want to pay more than $15 for my HP cartridge. I just saw an HP one end at $8.99, but the seller never e-mailed me back regarding the expiration date on them. Since I need an older model cartridge, there isn't as much of a demand for them on eBay. Hopefully I can find me a good deal.

Thanks Slim.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:39 pm

I just won a Brand New HP Inkjet Cartridge.
$4.99 + $6 Priority Mail Shipping = $10.99

What a Deal! :D :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 77213&rd=1

Expiration date of July 2003.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:32 am

That's why eBay rules!
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Return to Hot Deals