Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Maxtor 40GB Hard Drive - $28.76AR @ Office Depot

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Maxtor 40GB Hard Drive - $28.76AR @ Office Depot

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:31 am

I couldn't pass up this deal.

Office Depot has Maxtor's 40 GB hard drive (item #0368121) on sale for $78.76.

Use the $20 off $75 coupon (47920335 - expires 4/30) to bring the price down to $58.76.

There is also a $30 mail in rebate until 4/19 that brings the end price down to $28.76.

After figuring in taxes, my end cost came to $31.99.

Now I just need to pick up another one of these for a RAID array.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Wedge Maniac on Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:51 pm

Nice Ian :)

Thanks for the heads-up.
Wedge Maniac
CD-RW Player

Postby burninfool on Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:16 pm

I tried ordering the drive online and got a final price of $59.99USD(which is still a great price):
$99.99-$30MIR-$10online coupon+free shipping=$59.99

Ian,What am I doing wrong?
http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=368121
http://www.getmeadeal.com/stores/officedepot.htm
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:04 pm

I didn't get the $78.76 price until I told the system where I lived (zip code).

Stupid Office Depot hassled about the coupon today too. When I went in they wanted a print out of the coupon.. which I didn't have. Next time I buy anything from them that's over $50 I'm just going to have it shipped to my house since its free.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby night2dayz on Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:15 am

lol!
I heard that OD want the coupon to give to the UPS guy too. (not sure)
In addition, from April 21 OD will be like Staples, offer coupon to customers by eamil only. the code from the web will not work anymore.

HERE is the article some peple have problem with OD

" #3 I ordered the Ram for $5 after rebate on Sunday. I added a ream of paper so $41 plus free shipping and $30 mail in rebate. It was confirmed but then the local store called and said they were cancelling my order because I used an emailed coupon. I called them and they said they were only taking coupons that were directly mailed to people and were working to change the website. They said there was a glitch so it had confirmed my order because the website wasn't changed yet. Well, I called the national office and complained that there was no mention of the change, they took my coupon on the website AND other stores took web coupon codes all the time. National said they would register my complaint and the lady wasn't familar with the issue until she checked with her manager. I got a call today from my local store (this time the manager) saying that OD was changing the website and after april 21st would only take coupons physically mailed to certain customers. He said if I signed up for a catalog I would get some coupons from time to time in the mail for example. He said all the codes on bargain center websites are really coupons copies from the physical coupons and the physical coupons aren't all the same number like these ones are and that's how they could tell I didn't use one sent to me in the mail. He said OD was investigating the idea of suing some of the bargain sites for linking to OD also. He said they consider it fraud because we are all using one person's coupon. He also said he would honor the coupon for my order with the ram since the new policy wasn't clear. He seemed much cooler than the first guy I talked with there. Anyway, if I were to order this printer it would get cancelled and the way I understand it it will get cancelled for some of us depending on location and all of us after April 21st unless you have a coupon you got through snail mail (I get them from office Max this way from time to time). Anyway, my big concern is that all stores will take up this policy eventually. "

cheer
:o
night2dayz
Buffer Underrun

Return to Hot Deals