Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Broadband internet

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Broadband internet

Postby Turkeyscore.com on Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:03 am

I am moving to Petaluma, California and I want to see what is available for High speed internet before I go there. I Dont have a house yet over there so I cant tell the companies in the forms my address or phone number. I just want to see what could be available to me when I move there. I am just wondering about how much it would cost.

I would use it for Online Gaming (My most complex game is Battlefield 1942), web design, downloading random things, and of course, posting on CDRlabs.com :D
zzzt *pop*
Turkeyscore.com
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:48 am

Is that in Socal or Norcal?

Your choices are either DSL or Cable with cable being the most likely. DSL has a limited coverage area. Each service runs about $50 a month.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby F1Pilot on Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:00 am

Heya Turkeyscore.com...
I believe you can get DSL. I have a friend that used to live there, and had somewhat okay service with a company called Westband. Her big debate was whether to go 768K / 128K ADSL or 256k SDSL...both were the same price of 50 bucks, or something.
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Re: Broadband internet

Postby socheat on Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:24 am

Turkeyscore.com wrote:I am moving to Petaluma, California and I want to see what is available for High speed internet before I go there. I Dont have a house yet over there so I cant tell the companies in the forms my address or phone number.

Check out dslreports.com. All you need is the zip code. Though the site is called dslreports.com, it covers both DSL and cable modem ISPs.
socheat
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden