Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Changing default Nero Express settings.

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Changing default Nero Express settings.

Postby lalittle on Fri Apr 18, 2003 5:30 pm

Is there any way to change some of the default settings in Nero Express? Specifically, I'd like it to start up with "Normalize all audio files" UNCHECKED and "No pause between tracks" CHECKED -- these two items come up the opposite way by default each time I start the program. I can't seem to find anything in the menus that will effect the default value for these settings.

Also, the "Remove silence at the end of cda tracks" will automatically check itself if I go "back" to the previous menu and then hit "next" again. This means it has to be checked every time to make sure it stays unchecked. Is this a bug? Is there a way to keep this setting "off"?

Thanks,

Larry
lalittle
Buffer Underrun

Postby jedimc on Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:50 am

i am am having trouble too with nero express when i add music in and goto the propeties of the music file and change eg make the bass more higher on the equalizer and press ok, but when i go back to the propeties the settings it go's back to default
i am running nero express 5.5.9.9 bundled
I have a LG GCE-8520B 52/24/52
and Samsung CD-ROM SC-148T
jedimc
CD-RW Player

Postby Wedge Maniac on Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:57 am

jedimc,

Although I don't have an answer, I think you ask a good question. Perhaps, this is a limited functionality of Nero Express? An incentive to purchase a serial number for activating Burning Rom? I'm not really sure.

The ability to edit silence and control pause length for audio compilations can be done with a freeware program called burnatonce.

Check it out at www.burnatonce.com
Just be sure to read the FAQs and the section on proper installation before posting questions in the forum as the answer may already be found there. Otherwise, feel free to ask for help should you need it.
Wedge Maniac
CD-RW Player

Postby jedimc on Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:03 am

i did check the the help file that was with nero and it didnt say much about,
I'm not really worried about it now anyway,thanks anyway
jedimc
CD-RW Player

Postby Wedge Maniac on Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:28 am

jedimc wrote:i did check the the help file that was with nero and it didnt say much about,
I'm not really worried about it now anyway,thanks anyway

jedimc, I think you misunderstood. I was just saying that if you download and install burnatonce, be sure to check out the FAQs for burnatonce, not for Nero (though it is good to know that you took this step with Nero in an attempt to solve your problem -- a lot of people do not take time to do this).
Wedge Maniac
CD-RW Player

Postby jedimc on Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:37 am

i will have a look :)
jedimc
CD-RW Player

Postby lalittle on Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:57 am

Wedge Maniac wrote:Perhaps, this is a limited functionality of Nero Express? An incentive to purchase a serial number for activating Burning Rom? I'm not really sure.

I already did purchase the serial number -- I got a free version of Nero with a drive, but I wanted to install it on another system so I bought a new number. That said, I wasn't aware that Nero Express was a free program -- are you sure it actually is?

The reason I'm using Express is not because I have to, but because I want to -- I like the easier interface better than the "regular" Nero. I just don't like the fact that I can't get some of the settings to default to the state I like to use.

Larry
lalittle
Buffer Underrun

Postby lalittle on Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:57 am

Wedge Maniac wrote:Perhaps, this is a limited functionality of Nero Express? An incentive to purchase a serial number for activating Burning Rom? I'm not really sure.

I already did purchase the serial number -- I got a free version of Nero with a drive, but I wanted to install it on another system so I bought a new number. That said, I wasn't aware that Nero Express was a free program -- are you sure it actually is?

The reason I'm using Express is not because I have to, but because I want to -- I like the easier interface better than the "regular" Nero. I just don't like the fact that I can't get some of the settings to default to the state I like to use.

Larry
lalittle
Buffer Underrun

Postby jedimc on Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:25 am

If it came with your burner then it is free is called bundled software

I got nero express with my LG 8520B and i love it becuase of it is easy and fastness to use. :D
jedimc
CD-RW Player

Re: Changing default Nero Express settings.

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:32 am

lalittle wrote:Is there any way to change some of the default settings in Nero Express? Specifically, I'd like it to start up with "Normalize all audio files" UNCHECKED and "No pause between tracks" CHECKED -- these two items come up the opposite way by default each time I start the program. I can't seem to find anything in the menus that will effect the default value for these settings.

Also, the "Remove silence at the end of cda tracks" will automatically check itself if I go "back" to the previous menu and then hit "next" again. This means it has to be checked every time to make sure it stays unchecked. Is this a bug? Is there a way to keep this setting "off"?

i think these are very good questions for Ahead's tech support.
why don't you try them, and keep us informed of the reply.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Re: Changing default Nero Express settings.

Postby lalittle on Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:11 am

i think these are very good questions for Ahead's tech support.
why don't you try them, and keep us informed of the reply.

I wrote Ahead -- I'll post back when I hear a reply.

Larry
lalittle
Buffer Underrun

Postby lalittle on Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:52 pm

Here is the response I got back from Ahead today:

"This is not a bug, and at this time there is no way to set these
features. I will forward your Email to our Engineers to request this
feature for a future release of Nero."

Larry
lalittle
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:55 pm

too bad :cry:

thanks for keeping us posted.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CowboySlim on Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:56 pm

Although I have both Nero (full) and Nero Express, I use neither to burn mixes or compilation CD-Audios. I use MusicMatch Jukebox to do that, it's a free D/L at http://www.musicmatch.com/. However, I paid $20 for the "Plus" version which includes normalization or volume leveling. I mention this because once I turned the option on, it remained on.

OTH, maybe the option retention has nothing to do with MMJB. Perhaps it is the result of another cause. Have tried burning C&W music, with the emphasis on "W"? :lol:

Slim
Who is listening to some C&W music right here: http://home.att.net/~cowboyslim/index.html
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)