Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Problem with Nero/Nero Express 5.5.10.20.

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Problem with Nero/Nero Express 5.5.10.20.

Postby pranav81 on Thu May 01, 2003 2:56 pm

Dear all,
Hi.I faced a peculiar problem today.My friend bought 2 data CD's with
him and asked me to copy them.I have a spindle pack of Prodisc's 80 min.
CD-R's.I inserted the master CD into CD-ROM drive and started Nero Expresss.I asked Nero
Express to take image on the HDD and then burn on the blank.Nero did take the image successfully,
but when actual burning started and completed 8% burning stopped and an error message
was displayed,"Track follow error".I thought the CD-R was faulty.So I then started plain
Nero(not Express),and again took the image and then same error occued at 8%.I then thought that
the entire spindle of Prodisc's is bad.So I started CloneCD and took image of the CD
and inserted a blank in the LG GCE-8240B CD-ReWriter.But this time the CD was copied
perfectly without any errors.I then tried burning same CD with Nero and same error occured
and I had lost 3 CD-R's.
I a using Nero 5.5.10.20,Windows XP Profesional SP1,CCD 4.2.0.2,Roxio EZCD Plat. 5.3.5.10.
I then burned the second CD with CCD which again was burned perfectly.The CD's that my
friend bought were CD-R's(Princo) on which there were some project program files,and according
to Nero Infotool the CD was burned with Nero.
So,guys where does the problem lie?I reinstalled Nero and I am going to try to burn
same CD on a CD-RW now.
So can someone put some light on this?
Thanks,

::Pranav::
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Thu May 01, 2003 4:20 pm

Your first instinct was correct, the "Track following error" is usually caused by bad or incompatible media.

This of course does not explain why CloneCD could burn the same discs without incident. Did you use the same burn speed for Nero and CCD? If not, burning at a lower speed might have allowed the burn to complete with CloneCD.

Did you check the finished copies with CD Speed to see if there were any errors on the copies produced with CloneCD?
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Yes...I did check the disc with CDSpeed.

Postby pranav81 on Fri May 02, 2003 8:57 am

Dear Inertia,
As you said above tarck following error is normally related to bad media.But I have had no problems with the Prodisc media as they burn perfectly.I was burning at 24X in both the softwares,and the CD burn speed was rated as 48X.So I guess there is no problem in that.Also the spindle pack consists 100 CD's out of which I have burned 33 perfectly with Nero,Roxio and CCD.So I guess there is no problem with the media either.The writer is not capable of returning C2 errors,but according to CD Speed Read Test the CD was readable with no problems.
One more thing.I used Nero for first time after upgrading it to 5.5.10.20.Before it was 5.5.10.15.Basically I dont copy CD's using Nero,but that day I tried and lost 3 blanks.
So,I still don t know where the problem lies,
See ya later,

pranav81
CD-RW Player

Re: Yes...I did check the disc with CDSpeed.

Postby Inertia on Fri May 02, 2003 10:09 pm

pranav81 wrote: The writer is not capable of returning C2 errors,but according to CD Speed Read Test the CD was readable with no problems.

If the writer doesn't return C2 errors, then CD Speed ScanDisc has nothing to work with to evaluate the quality of the disc. The only thing that might be useful is to try the CD Quality Test and note whether the drive slows down when reading. C2 errors will not be measured, but if the drive slows down while reading this is an indication that they are present.

When you state that the discs burn perfectly, this is no guarantee that they may not have a high error rate revealed when tested with a device that returns C2 errors.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby pranav81 on Sat May 03, 2003 12:55 am

Dear Inertia,
hi.I said that the disks are read perfectly because the writer and CD-ROM can read the discs without slowing down.There is some problem with my CD-ROM drive in Windows XP,so I did the tests with writer and it did perform good.
Also I purchased the media from Prodisc because I have had no problems at all with them and now too they work beautifullt for me.The problem occured while copting from Nero.So I reinstalled it and I am again going to try the same old thing.
I will post the result.
Till then,
Bye,

pranav81
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)