Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Can i write Audio (*.cda) on a ReWriteable cd?

Burn baby burn!

Can i write Audio (*.cda) on a ReWriteable cd?

Postby Harrier on Fri May 02, 2003 9:07 am

And then play it in my stereo?
Harrier
CD-RW Player

Sure you can....

Postby pranav81 on Fri May 02, 2003 9:13 am

Dear Harrier,
Yes,you can burn the CD's in application like Nero or Raxio Easy CD Creator and burn them in your normal audio CD player.
But the CD player must be able to read the CD-RW.In most new CD players they can read CD-RW but if you have an older model you might want to try it.Actually it is clearly printed over the player,whether it can play CD-R and CD-RW.
See ya later,

::Pranav::
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby Harrier on Fri May 02, 2003 9:28 am

Thanks.
Where exactly is it supposedly written if you may..?
Over the panel ('cos i dont see it there)?
Harrier
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Fri May 02, 2003 11:05 am

I would guess the stereo's box or manual would specify it pretty clearly if it could play CD-RWs. You could always make a test audio burn and stick it in the stereo; you'll know then if it works or not! :wink:
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby MediumRare on Fri May 02, 2003 4:01 pm

The best thing is just try! You can always reuse the RW, so you can't really lose. :D My CD-player (a Sony disman) works fine with RW's, even though it's over 10 years old- older than the RW technology is.

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Postby Inertia on Fri May 02, 2003 5:24 pm

MediumRare wrote:The best thing is just try! You can always reuse the RW, so you can't really lose. :D My CD-player (a Sony discman) works fine with RW's, even though it's over 10 years old- older than the RW technology is.

I smile as I read this and think of all the poor guys with expensive automobile CD players that are picky with media and have poor performance. I have never had a built-in car CD player, but just used old Discman-type portable players plugged in to audio inputs in the car unit, usually with rechargable batteries. They alway played anything I threw at them, even the lowest quality discs with bunches of C2 errors.

My last "car" player was an 8 year old inexpensive Panasonic portable, which has never failed me. I haven't tried it with CD-RW audio discs, yet, but I may after reading this. :lol: :lol:

Some time ago I bought a portable that plays MP3 files, as well as CD-RW discs. This is a quite handy and versatile combination. :wink:
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Fri May 02, 2003 7:02 pm

What a surprise!!!

MediumRare's experience led me to try playing an audio CD-RW in my old portable Panasonic SLS-S120 CD player (Discman type). It was slow at reading the disc and I thought that it was failing the test, but then it started playing faultlessly. :lol:

So not only does my old Panasonic portable "car" player play all kinds of CD's and CD-R's without problems, it also plays CD-RW as well. What a kick. :lol: :lol:
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby jase on Fri May 02, 2003 7:12 pm

Yeah well my Panasonic (true) car player will play MP3's so nyeah!!! :P

But seriously, yes I agree that is the most cost-effective way of doing things in a car (especially on some models where replacing the radio involves taking half the dashboard out -- I hate that!!!).

Only problem I find is wires everywhere, the fact that on my stupid car (a Vauxhall/GM Cavalier, my second car) the cig-lighter connector is too close to the (manual) gearstick so I keep missing third (god that's annoying when you're trying to overtake on a motorway!!!!! :evil:) and people steal them.

So I got an expensive car player. With MP3 :lol:
jase
CD-RW Player

Postby Action Jackson on Sat May 03, 2003 10:23 am

jase wrote:....my stupid car (a Vauxhall/GM Cavalier, my second car) the cig-lighter connector is too close to the (manual) gearstick so I keep missing third (god that's annoying when you're trying to overtake on a motorway!!!!! :evil:).....

LOL! Why would someone design a gearshift like that?

I find that the 4 to 5 shift is too far a sideways throw in my Protege5.

It must be my short arms. :(
Action Jackson
CD-RW Player

Postby MediumRare on Sat May 03, 2003 12:31 pm

MediumRare wrote:My CD-player (a Sony disman) works fine with RW's

In fact it doesn't :oops: (anymore?). Just tried it again after a long time- I use a DVD to play my music CDs now. But that's not important- the message remains: "just try it out".

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives