Home News Reviews Forums Shop

unique cars

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

unique cars

Postby UALOneKPlus on Fri May 23, 2003 2:31 am

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Fri May 23, 2003 2:34 am

That Polish guy has MAD skills. The homemade SLR has awesome craftsmanship!

HAHAHAHA at that BMW/Mercedes/ :lol: :lol:
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby ChrisX on Fri May 23, 2003 5:49 pm

I did have a unique car, an old restored Holden "Statesman" panel van. It was beautiful and now gone to the new owner 18 months ago.

It cost too much money to maintain and always something to fix on an old car. Anyway, I got more time on the computer and this is another reason why I sold it.

In Australia, the Holden panel van is now very rare, so rare it fact is now a prize in a motor show or whenever an event is on. It was manufactured around 25 years ago.

My panel van looked similar to this: http://members.tripod.com/~big_tom/seanspv.html

For more info on old Holden: http://www.oldholden.com/

I know not many people would know and like old cars such as the one I did own, it was a hobbie just like "an addict" being on the computer. My panel van was called "The Beast". Anyway, it is a memory for me now.
ChrisX
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Fri May 23, 2003 6:13 pm

When I think of a panel van, I think of a van without windows,doors, etc in the back. Something that is usually used by delivery or construction guys.

That looks like a hearse to me.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby ChrisX on Fri May 23, 2003 7:02 pm

Ian wrote:That looks like a hearse to me.

Yes, it does look like a hearse. A friend tells me like what you said. So, not many people like it so dark in color without windows. The color was metallic blue and people have mistaken my van as black.

Because as a van, I can't see behind and I have to use large rear vision mirrors on each side to see. A sedan is easier to see behind and safer to drive. The vehicle as so big, power steering applied for driving around and it consumes a lot of gas. A very expensive big car.

It was technically as such a commercial vehicle in Australia, this as a result insurance was very expensive compared to a normal sedan.

The panel van can be in a variety of colors and as such used by Australian surfers and can be used commercially as well. Holden stopped making them due to costs.

My panel van was originally owned by a surfer at Manly Beach in Sydney. He restored and upgraded the van and I did the rest of the improvements.

I experienced it, enjoyed it and very powerful in speed, it's gone. History.
ChrisX
Buffer Underrun

Return to The Beer Garden