Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Installation problem (Nero Express 5.5.9.9)

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Installation problem (Nero Express 5.5.9.9)

Postby ANDYTO on Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:56 am

HEY,

EVERY TIME I trY to install the Nero Express program I RUN INTO THE SME PROBLEM:THE INSTALLATION ABORTS AND I GET THIS MESSAGE:
" THE INSTALLATION WIZARD WAS INTERRUPTED BEFORE NERO BURNING ROM COULD BE INSTALLED. YOUR SYSTEM HAS NOT BEEN MODIFIED. TO COMPLETE INSTALLATION AT ANOTHER TIME PLEASE RUN SETUP AGAIN."

SO I re-boot my computer, trY to re-install but every time I receive the same error message.

IS THIS A MSI PROBLEM OR NOT?

My computer is running on Windows 2000 Ver 5.0 (service pack 2),
P3-500, 256MB.

The CD-Rom is LG CD-R/RW Drive (GCE-8520B).

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE REALLY APPRICIATED.
ANDYTO
Buffer Underrun

Postby Justin42 on Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:42 pm

Sounds like a Windows Installer issue; is there a reason you don't want to run SP3 on your install? (it has Windows Installer 2.0 as part of it, not sure if it's available separately) I'd try putting Service Pack 3 on, it's been quite good in my experience (and SP4 is due out June 18 )

Have you tried a newer version of Nero? 5.5.9.9 is quite old at this point... they may have fixed the installer problem by now.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby pranav81 on Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:34 am

Dear ANDYTO,
Why dont you download and try to install the latest Nero from Ahead's site?The latest version today is 5.5.10.35.It may also be possible that the install executable you have has got corrupted in some way.You may truy to install it on another comp.
Also Justin42 Nero installation uses SFX archive which gets extracted to the default temp. folder and then gets installed.Also it would be wise to install Win2k SP3.

See ya guys later,

::Pranav::
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)