Home News Reviews Forums Shop

CloneDVD Preview @ Blue-Hardware

SlySoft, Alcohol, VSO Software, NTI, etc.

CloneDVD Preview @ Blue-Hardware

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:56 pm

I was going to post this in the news, but I don't speak a lick of French or whatever that is.

http://www.blue-hardware.com/dossiers/clonedvd/
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby tazdevl on Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:08 pm

Sounds awesome, now all they need to do is get it on the market before any legal precedents are made.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:33 pm

I don't think that would stop them anyway. They'd just move the website somewhere where it was "legal".
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Inertia on Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:32 am

Already, CloneDVD has been "cloned" at CloneDVD.

Since this version doesn't appear to be affiliated with the Ollie's Elaborate Bytes organization, there may be an impending catfight over the trademark if Elby didn't register it.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby tazdevl on Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:18 am

Ian wrote:I don't think that would stop them anyway. They'd just move the website somewhere where it was "legal".

Problem is, the RIAA/Kazaa suit has provided a precedent that negates that idea.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Postby vbl117 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:08 am

Ian since french is my native language i can say that it seems a very promising products at reading this test .

I can give you this short summarey about the article ( if more needed or if exact charcteritics translation needed you can e-mail me ) .

" Ability to copy the whole DVD ( by reencoding in good quality 6 GO or 7 GO movies in an impressive very good quality ) or to choose exactly what you want to remove ( bonus , titles , subtitles etc ... . )

Though reencoded the movies are still compatible ! ( i assume it means still compatible with DVD players )

Very easy of use interface ( a child could use it ) .

The guy writing the article was a beta tester for Elaborate Bytes . He says Next tuesday all people will be able to download Clone DVD evaluation version and retail box version will be in stores this summer .
Clone DVD final version will probably be multilingual (several languages will be supported , most likely 30 languages will be supported like the old Clone CD ) "

Will you wait less than a week ? ( i don't know very well these software but reencoding or removing something in particular seems to be lacking in competitors software )
vbl117
CD-RW Player

Re: CloneDVD Preview @ Blue-Hardware

Postby MikeTR on Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:46 pm

Ian wrote:I was going to post this in the news, but I don't speak a lick of French or whatever that is.

http://www.blue-hardware.com/dossiers/clonedvd/

That's why there is a direct link to the Babelfish "translation" on the page :wink:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=fr_en&url=http://www.blue-hardware.com/dossiers/clonedvd/index.php

Looks promising.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
MikeTR
CD-RW Player

Return to Other CD, DVD and Blu-ray Burning Software