Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero or Nero Express not recocnized TMPGEnc Plugin

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero or Nero Express not recocnized TMPGEnc Plugin

Postby TCAS on Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:46 pm

I have installed TMPGEnc Plugin for Nero to be able to convert file from other format to MPEG-2 format, but during conversion or encoding process either with Nero or Nero Express I get pop-up message that "I need to install TMPGEnc Plugin , please visit Nero web site for the information". I have checked the file the file VMPEG2Enc.dll is in my Nero directory which is indication that TMPGEnc Plugin has been properly been installed in Nero.

Does any one knows why Nero is not recognizing the Plugin and why I am getting a warning that EMPGEnc plugin has to be installed in order to be able to encode file from other format to MPEG-2 fomat. Thanks
P.S. I am trying to make SVCD
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby TCAS on Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:37 pm

What happen to people like Inertia, Cfitx, Eleminator, Huxland, The Wizard, KCK , and others, those who were contributing day and night to well being of this site?. This place look like a lonely place now. May thier contribution were not recocnized ?, then they choose to leave and spend thier precious time on some other thing. So long you guys you made burning so enjoyable for so many of CDRLABS visitors during the course of last two years. I personelly greatly apprecite your dedication and contribution.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:37 am

I wasn't aware that TMPGEnc ( http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_main.html or http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main2.html ) made a plug-in for Nero. Are you sure you don't mean the MPEG-2/SVCD or MPEG-2/DVD plug-in that Ahead sells ( https://secure.nero.com/en/secure.asp )? That plug-in is not free, and must be purchased for anywhere from $16 to $48 depending on the variant (SVCD or DVD) and delivery option you choose.

The VMPEGEnc.dll file is used to do MPEG-1 coding for VCDs. It may also do MPEG-2 (I'm not sure) but it certainly won't if you don't purchase the proper license and unlock that functionality. What was the exact error message? On my machine (I have not purchased the plug-in license) I get the following message if I try to burn an SVCD that requires conversion of some other encoding to MPEG-2:

Due to patent license restrictions, the MPEG2 encoding/converting is not available. To add this possibility, please purchase the Nero MPEG2 codec plugin at http://www.nero.com

If you have purchased the license and you are still getting this message, then try reinstalling it. If it still doesn't work after that, then contact Ahead.

If you haven't purchased the license, then what you are seeing is normal and expected behavior, even if you do have VMPEGEnc.dll in your Nero directory. In this case I would recommend spending your money on something other than the Nero MPEG-2 plug-in, which has a reputation for not encoding with very high quality. TMPGEnc is one of the favorite alternatives. Check www.dvdrhelp.com for more.

cfitz

P.S. I won't speak for the others, but it is true that I have drastically cut back on my contributions here. I have a life outside of CDRLabs, and in the last couple of months there has been a spate of people abusing the system, being selfish and unappreciative, and generally behaving poorly. All of this led me to decide I don't need to spend my time answering questions here.

In any event, I do appreciate your expression of gratitude.
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Inertia on Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:46 am

cfitz, re your closing comments:

My feelings are similar to yours, and I know of other valued contributors who have left due to rude treatment. It seems to be Gresham's Law as applied to forums, when the onerous posters drive out the truly valuable and helpful ones.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby MediumRare on Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:56 am

cfitz and Inertia-
I do hope that you will continue to contribute to this board. I appreciate your founded and well formulated contributions and have learned a great deal about the ins and outs of burning from your posts and the references you make. Noli illegitimi carborundum! :roll:

Apart from that- it's summer, the sun is shining and there are better things to do on days like that than manning a keyboard.

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Postby TCAS on Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:16 pm

Cfitz;

You are right, what I meant was niether Nero Burning nor Nero Express recognizes the plugin of MPEG-2 that I have installed and embeded in to Nero Directory. What surprises me is that Nero says if the file VMPEG2Enc.dll is in your Nero Directory then that is the indication of MPEG-2 Plugin have been installed properly, but in my case although this is the situation, but Plugin doesn't work and Nero doesn't recognized the installed Plugin.

P.S. Nice to hear again from you and Inertia, but looking at totally new names I realized your position.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:10 am

MediumRare wrote:cfitz and Inertia-
I do hope that you will continue to contribute to this board. I appreciate your founded and well formulated contributions and have learned a great deal about the ins and outs of burning from your posts and the references you make. Noli illegitimi carborundum! :roll:

G

ditto.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)