Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Fantom CD error / Burn .mdf-.mds files

Anything else

Fantom CD error / Burn .mdf-.mds files

Postby mathyou on Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:38 pm

Fantom CD uses the .mdf/.mds image system. I have four CD images that I rather need to burn as my original CDs are scratched to the point of disfunction. However, when I try to load one of the images in Phantom CD I get the following error:

Unable to mount image. File not accessable (sic).

It errors out if I try to burn the images as well. This happens with all four images. The program's documentation/website was less than helpful. The official support forum is of little use since I don't speak Taiwanese.

I'm using a Lite-On LTR-32123S with the latest firmware. WinXP Pro SP1. Latest ASPI.

So my questions are thus: How can I fix this error and burn the images? Is there some other program that supports this file format?

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------

Edit: Got some help on another forum. Someone suggested I try Alchohol since it can read images of that type. It worked. Thanks.
mathyou
Buffer Underrun

Postby vbl117 on Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:48 am

fantom cd is so old . His creator has released/created Alcohol 120 which is the best clone software available ( perhaps fils obtained with alcohol 120 are not all backwards compatible with fantom cd ) .

http://www.alcohol-software.com/
vbl117
CD-RW Player

Return to General Software Questions