Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Cannot view previously burned sessions - Mad Dog CDRW/ NERO

Burn baby burn!

Cannot view previously burned sessions - Mad Dog CDRW/ NERO

Postby DAVE440 on Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:37 pm

New to the forum here. Hi all.

Got an issue with my Mad Dog 52x24x52 CDRW running Nero Express 5.5.?

Burns Music and data fine and reads fine...but...

I burned a compilation of MPEGS, DATA and JPGs and when I went to add more to it later....I couldn see anything except the last MPEG file I burned. There's over 400 MB on this disc but only 1 MPG file showing. Tried to view from Run/Browse/All files and also windows explorer in My computer/E drive but same thing.

How can I view the entire contents of this disc? Also, what am I doing wrong if anything?
DAVE440
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:43 pm

Welcome to CDRLabs, Dave! :D

I have a few questions which will help to diagnose your problem.

1. Are you using CD-R or CD-RW discs?

2. Did you write the disc using Nero Express or InCD?

3. Can you see all of the files if you try reading it back in a drive other than the Mad Dog 52x CD-RW, or are those files always hidden?
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby cfitz on Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:06 pm

It sounds like you may be writing a multi-session disc and failed to link the the previous sessions in properly when adding the new file. Try downloading IsoBuster and use it to see if you can find the rest of the files on the disc. Tells us what you discover, and we can continue from there.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby CDRecorder on Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:34 pm

DAVE440 sent me this PM because the forum wasn't working properly for him:

Dave440 wrote:Tried to reply to the main forum but kept getting invalid session.

Thanks for responding so quickly. Heres a copy of what I tried to post in open forum.

I tried changing folder options to view hidden files but no difference.
Wrote using CD-R with Nero express. Did Not use In-Cd.
Only tried viewing on the one drive.

Think I may have found the problem. Remembered seeing something on this a while back and finally found where. Ahead website Faqs. Theres just a few lines on it but mentions that windows can only view the last session.
To view previous sessions use Nero Multimounter included with the Nero software. Must be included with Nero burning Rom bcus it didnt install with Nero express bundle my RW drive came with. I'm looking for a download online now. Found one labled Nero Multimounter Patch and downloaded the file but didnt do what it was supposed to.

If there is any other software that does this also or you have any other ideas...plz feel free...
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby cfitz on Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:53 pm

Dave440 wrote:Must be included with Nero burning Rom bcus it didnt install with Nero express bundle my RW drive came with. I'm looking for a download online now. Found one labled Nero Multimounter Patch and downloaded the file but didnt do what it was supposed to.

I think Ahead dropped the multimounter software. At least I haven't seen it around for a long time. And I'm pretty sure it was never released for XP/2000.

Dave440 wrote:If there is any other software that does this also or you have any other ideas...plz feel free...

Yes, IsoBuster as I mentioned in my previous post.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives