Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Dumbest Bug Ever in Nerovision Express 2

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Postby skypx on Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:02 am

raydog1 wrote:Tell us later if it helped you skypx!

I will. :)
skypx
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:33 am

Thanks Figaro and raydog1 for following up on the CleanTool issue. I've been busy and couldn't reply earlier.

How about that? The cats and dogs are cooperating here at CDRLabs to help others! :D

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby raydog1 on Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:29 am

cfitz wrote:Thanks Figaro and raydog1 for following up on the CleanTool issue. I've been busy and couldn't reply earlier.

How about that? The cats and dogs are cooperating here at CDRLabs to help others! :D

cfitz

OMG. . . I thought I had some bad puns. :lol:
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:47 am

Spazmogen wrote:I can't get it to work either.

Just to clarify, Spazmogen, are you having trouble with NeroVision Express and the serial number like raydog1 and I am, or are you having the more general problems like skypx?

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby cfitz on Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:48 am

raydog1 wrote:OMG. . . I thought I had some bad puns. :lol:

It wasn't that bad, was it? :( :wink:

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby cfitz on Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:37 pm

raydog1 wrote:Maybe it's linked to the serial numbers causing Nero 6 to have "OEM" status.

More confirmation that it isn't just our serial numbers, raydog1. Spazmogen is reporting the same problems we are having, but he bought the full retail license rather than the upgrade to retail like I (and I assume you also) did.

More importantly, Ahead has posted on their new Nero 6 sales page that they recognize the issues with serial numbers and are working to correct them:

Ahead wrote:We have got some problems in the current demoversions with the serialnumbers. This problems will be fixed with the next update which will go online at saturday, the 2nd of August. Please do not enter your bought serialnumber before saturday after installing the newest update.

Unfortunately, it looks like we will end up having to uninstall and reinstall yet again for the fix to work. Oh well, that isn't too big a problem...

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Spazmogen on Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:31 pm

Yes, as cfitz mentioned I did buy a FULL retail licence to ensure no problems with either of my drives.

Having said that, I never even got to try a burn of a cd-r with Nero 6.

I had a dvd on my HDD that I wanted to burn and get off the HDD.

I was able to add the 1st .vob, but it simply refused to add the 2nd & 3rd .vobs. Yes, it was all done properly.

I reverted back to Nero 5.5 and it burned the DVD Video as it normally does.

Nero Vision had no problem with the FULL licence serial # I bought.
It ran normally after I inserted the serial #.

It balked when It came to .vob #2 & .vob #3 in the compilation.
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:07 pm

Thanks for all the info so far guys. This is why I've held off installing Nero 6 on my PC. I don't have the time to debug software!

Hopefully the new version on Saturday Aug 2 will be more functional.
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby raydog1 on Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:30 pm

cfitz wrote:
raydog1 wrote:Maybe it's linked to the serial numbers causing Nero 6 to have "OEM" status.

More confirmation that it isn't just our serial numbers, raydog1. Spazmogen is reporting the same problems we are having, but he bought the full retail license rather than the upgrade to retail like I (and I assume you also) did.

More importantly, Ahead has posted on their new Nero 6 sales page that they recognize the issues with serial numbers and are working to correct them:

Ahead wrote:We have got some problems in the current demoversions with the serialnumbers. This problems will be fixed with the next update which will go online at saturday, the 2nd of August. Please do not enter your bought serialnumber before saturday after installing the newest update.

Unfortunately, it looks like we will end up having to uninstall and reinstall yet again for the fix to work. Oh well, that isn't too big a problem...

cfitz

AH HA! I guess they were able to reproduce it after all. :lol:
Cool. Faith in Nero fully restored (this was the only bug I could find in Nero 6). I'll just stay with v5.5 until August 9 when they'll REALLY release the update. (Sorry Ahead, I couldn't resist!)
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby skypx on Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:35 pm

skypx wrote:
raydog1 wrote:Tell us later if it helped you skypx!

I will. :)

raydog1, I uninstalled nero using CleanTool, (awesome tool by the way) reinstalled, and everything works great. I am however going to wait until Saturday 2 August, when the update is due to put the ultra serial back in. Thanks for your assistance. :D
skypx
CD-RW Player

Postby raydog1 on Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:44 pm

Cool skypx! 8) Problems are being solved left and right! This has been a good day!

But, I do have one question. Why does the Nero (english) site say this:

"We deeply apologize for any inconvenience and will put a new version on the web by Saturday (July 2nd) which will fix the problems."

Ahead, we know you mean August 2nd. But, you might want to change it just in case. :roll:
I don't want to wait another year for this fix.
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby skypx on Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:01 pm

raydog1 wrote:Cool skypx! 8) Problems are being solved left and right! This has been a good day!

But, I do have one question. Why does the Nero (english) site say this:

"We deeply apologize for any inconvenience and will put a new version on the web by Saturday (July 2nd) which will fix the problems."

Ahead, we know you mean August 2nd. But, you might want to change it just in case. :roll:
I don't want to wait another year for this fix.

A lack of attention to small details. For some it's a big deal, for others they could care less, for me things like that (small inaccuracies) drive me nuts.
skypx
CD-RW Player

Postby raydog1 on Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:02 pm

skypx wrote:A lack of attention to small details. For some it's a big deal, for others they could care less, for me things like that (small inaccuracies) drive me nuts.

[sarcasm]No way Ahead could ever be guilty of that. [/sarcasm]

(Final Ahead joke. I promise.)
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:03 pm

Here is the full quote from Ahead's explanation for those who are interested:

Ahead wrote:1. Are there any problems with the free upgrade serialnumbers for Nero 6 or purchased Nero 6 serialnumbers through our webshop

If you received a free upgrade serial number or purchased a Nero 6 serialnumber trough our webshop and used it to unlock the Nero demoversion you may notice some restrictions in the use of some appliations.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience and will put a new version on the web by Saturday (July 2nd) which will fix the problems.

Please check our homepage to download the free update as soon as available

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby skypx on Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:08 am

New versions are now available. Nero 6.0.0.11 and nero vision express 2 2.0.1.1. I am going to put in the ultra serial and see what happens.
skypx
CD-RW Player

Postby skypx on Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:17 am

So far some of the backup options just disappered when I put the ultra serial in. Why am I not surprised. :roll:
skypx
CD-RW Player

Postby skypx on Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:27 am

And nero vision express isn't working properly either. This is after I put the ultra serial in. Why am I not........ Never mind. :roll:

skypx
CD-RW Player

Postby skypx on Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:03 am

This is nero smart start before I put the serial number in.

This is after.

Where did all the other options go!!!!!! :oops:
skypx
CD-RW Player

Postby skypx on Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:04 am

And I did use the clean tool to remove the old version.
skypx
CD-RW Player

Postby Spazmogen on Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:49 am

That's using my Full licence serial #.

Thanks for letting us know the new version is out. I noticed that it's labeled wrong on the website. When the download starts, you get the new version.

I noticed the drop down 'drive selection' box in the main Nero screen. Was it like that before? If not, nice feature to have right at your finger tips.

I have not had a chance to try out the burning yet, I have a 6 hour day of work to finish off my deck. Yes, I'll post pic's of it in the Beer Garden :wink:
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Postby Spazmogen on Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:56 am

Re: my pervious problem with Vision Express not doing DVD's at all.

I noticed that in this new version that the option to burn a DVD is still in the main Nero screen. I didn't notice that in the last version, but it must have been there.

Scratch my problem up to an "ID10T error". :oops:

I gather that Vision Express is for capturing the video from your DV Camera THEN making the DVD. Not for burning a DVD image on your HDD.
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Postby raydog1 on Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:08 pm

skypx wrote:And I did use the clean tool to remove the old version.

Ouch! I don't know what advice to give you. I've just put my serial in the updated version and I'm seeing none of the problems w/ NVE before and none of the new ones you're experiencing now. The start menu entry finally says "Ultra" instead of "OEM" also. This could be the beginning of the dreaded "update fixes things for some and makes things worse for others" syndrome that has been popularized by Microsoft lately. Maybe a Nero rep can help you with this.
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby raydog1 on Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:17 pm

skypx, I just noticed something. . .

How are you getting the "HD-BURN" and "DDCD" tabs at the top of your StartSmart console? I only have "CD" and "DVD."
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby skypx on Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:37 pm

raydog1 wrote:skypx, I just noticed something. . .

How are you getting the "HD-BURN" and "DDCD" tabs at the top of your StartSmart console? I only have "CD" and "DVD."

Enable all recorder formats, click on the configure button.

skypx
CD-RW Player

Postby skypx on Sat Aug 02, 2003 7:27 pm

raydog1 wrote:
skypx wrote:And I did use the clean tool to remove the old version.

Ouch! I don't know what advice to give you. I've just put my serial in the updated version and I'm seeing none of the problems w/ NVE before and none of the new ones you're experiencing now. The start menu entry finally says "Ultra" instead of "OEM" also. This could be the beginning of the dreaded "update fixes things for some and makes things worse for others" syndrome that has been popularized by Microsoft lately. Maybe a Nero rep can help you with this.

I am certainly not counting on a rep from Nero to help. I e-mailed them last week and I am still waiting for a response. I guess this is the reward I get when I “pay” for software. I am sure there is a hacker/cracker out there that is using their software without the “issues” I am experiencing.
:roll:
skypx
CD-RW Player

PreviousNext

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)