Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Dumbest Bug Ever in Nerovision Express 2

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Postby raydog1 on Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:55 pm

skypx wrote:I am certainly not counting on a rep from Nero to help. I e-mailed them last week and I am still waiting for a response. I guess this is the reward I get when I “pay” for software. I am sure there is a hacker/cracker out there that is using their software without the “issues” I am experiencing.
:roll:

Tell me about it. I emailed them early this week about InCD 4 blue-screens and posted in this forum about it too. All I got was some guy saying that they can't help it if InCD crashes your antivirus app. Weird, since InCD 3.5x never had that problem and v4 is supposed to be all "new and advanced" and stuff. I guess they just don't have the "magic" that they used to. :roll:

And I haven't had an email from them since the automated "We heard you. We'll call you. Don't call us!" email. I wish us all luck. I have a feeling we'll be depending on/cursing at the monthly updates for a while until we start getting Nero 5.5-like quality from Nero 6. :wink:

P.S. Thanks for the "Enable Formats" tip. :D
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:54 am

skypx wrote:So far some of the backup options just disappered when I put the ultra serial in. Why am I not surprised. :roll:

skypx wrote:And nero vision express isn't working properly either. This is after I put the ultra serial in. Why am I not........ Never mind. :roll:

Hmmm, sorry to hear that, skypx. Like raydog1, my installation is behaving fine now with respect to the earlier problems I reported. I can burn an SVCD with NeroVision Express in either demo mode or with my license number installed. And the erroneous bit about Nero OEM is gone as well. My program folder is now labeled "Nero 6 Ultra Edition". I'm also not seeing the problem of missing StartSmart icons/options you described.

This time around I uninstalled all the 6.0.0.9 programs, then ran General Clean Tool (not just Clean Tool) and instructed it to remove all traces of all programs. After it finished and I rebooted, then I installed Burning ROM, Mix, and NeroVision Express (everything but InCD). Only after I installed everything did I enter my serial number.

My best guess regarding the awol StartSmart icons is that it has something to do, at least in general, with the same mechanism that works with the "Enable all recorder formats" option. I can see that you had this option set both with and without the serial number set, so it doesn't explain everything. However, one function of the little format options is to only display actions you can take with the given format. Apparently when you enter a serial number StartSmart thinks some activities are no longer available when you select the DVD format. What shows when you select CD as the format? And what happens when you uncheck the "Enable all recorder formats" option?

As for NeroVision Express not running at all, check the following registry keys:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Info
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Ahead\NeroMix\Info
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Ahead\NeroVision\Info

All three keys should each have three named values in them:

Company
Serial6
User

Make sure that all three named values are correct, and that all three are the same in each of the three keys. For example, if you registered Nero with User = Joe, Company = Home and Serial Number = xxx.yyy, then each of the three keys should have the following identical named values:

Code: Select all
Name          Type            Data
----------------------------------------
Company       REG_SZ          Home
Serial6       REG_SZ          xxx.yyy
User          REG_SZ          Joe

LOL :lol: While I was looking up the names of the above keys, I saw that Ahead has included two keys for ShowTime:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero ShowTime
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Ahead\NeroShowTime

(One with and one without the space). Didn't someone mention something about lack of attention to details earlier in this thread?

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby cfitz on Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:58 am

Spazmogen wrote:I noticed the drop down 'drive selection' box in the main Nero screen. Was it like that before? If not, nice feature to have right at your finger tips.

It is new to 6, but not new to 6.0.0.11. It was there in 6.0.0.9 also. And yes, it is convenient.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby raydog1 on Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:36 am

raydog1 wrote:
skypx wrote:I am certainly not counting on a rep from Nero to help. I e-mailed them last week and I am still waiting for a response. I guess this is the reward I get when I “pay” for software. I am sure there is a hacker/cracker out there that is using their software without the “issues” I am experiencing.
:roll:

Tell me about it. I emailed them early this week about InCD 4 blue-screens and posted in this forum about it too. All I got was some guy saying that they can't help it if InCD crashes your antivirus app. Weird, since InCD 3.5x never had that problem and v4 is supposed to be all "new and advanced" and stuff. I guess they just don't have the "magic" that they used to. :roll:

And I haven't had an email from them since the automated "We heard you. We'll call you. Don't call us!" email. I wish us all luck. I have a feeling we'll be depending on/cursing at the monthly updates for a while until we start getting Nero 5.5-like quality from Nero 6. :wink:

P.S. Thanks for the "Enable Formats" tip. :D

Well, as I live and breathe :o . . . OT (sorry) but in response to my earlier statement--an email from Ahead this morning:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

Apparently there is a bug in the program…other users are experiencing similar Post-InCD4 problems. In the meantime, please stay with the old version until Our Engineers can resolve this issue.

Best regards
Al Valerio

:lol:
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby Computron on Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:09 am

The funny thing is that after updating the program and adding my serial number, I can actually open and close saved files(for some reason the cd-rom version I BOUGHT from Best Buy wouldn't). It also lets me build a complete project without messing up. However now when I try to add a DVD COMPLIANT MPEG-2 file, it tells me that it can not read the file right after it finishes the first chapter. Is anyone else having this problem? And is there another bug which screws up Nero Vision if you use it for a while and then add a serial number?

P.S. I also used the Nero clean program and saw something on their site today saying they fixed the problem, but the downloads have the SAME file names.

It seems like software companies are taking gross advantage of store's can't return software policies and are producing very poor software, becuase YOU CAN NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
Computron
Buffer Underrun

Postby raydog1 on Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:21 pm

Update for Nerovision is available, I'm installing it now. It's v2.0.1.2 now.

:lol: *prays for luck* :lol:
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby raydog1 on Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:43 pm

:roll: Hmmmm. . .

Not quite sure what this update was supposed to fix. Because it sure as heck didn't fix the audio capture problem that they said would be fixed in this update. Now it's doing something really weird that is hard to describe. It's playing audio, but not the audio from my TV Wonder. It sounds almost like pulsating speaker feedback that starts out at a low volume and gets louder until I change the setting from "What U Hear" to something else making it silent. Still no TV audio no matter what.
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:49 pm

We just recieved some capture cards from ATI in our US office that a few customers have reported not being able to capture the audio from along with the Video using our NeroVision Express software.

Over the weekend we will be doing a thorough testing and hopefully we'll have some answers for this issue.

We will work closely with ATI to try and resolve this issue. IF others are having trouble with this issue with other Capture cards, please let me know the Make and Model so that we can obtain them ASAP from the MFG and hopefully address the issues quickly.

We are also working on getting the SDK for EMused Capture cards, among others.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby raydog1 on Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:52 pm

Thanks for your efforts CCampbell! I'm sure you'll get it resolved soon.
raydog1
Buffer Underrun

Nero 6

Postby gmaster on Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:37 am

Why can't I install the demo NERO 6 with Nero 5.5 already installed? Then I unistalled Nero 5.5 then installed Nero 6. It worked perfectly ok for demo, but everytime I entered the serial number, it never worked.
Now, I uninstalled the demo Nero 6 and tried several times to re-install Nero 5.5 but I just can't. An error message appeared. What can I do???
gmaster
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:57 am

why don't you try running the Clean Tool after uninstalling Nero 6 ?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Clean Tool

Postby gmaster on Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:59 pm

where can I find the clean tool??? :cry:
gmaster
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:05 pm

Here:

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/General-CleanTool_1135.zip

I often find it works better to simply ftp directly to ftp6.nero.com (rather than using the browser link above). Log on as user "anonymous".

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

help

Postby gmaster on Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:15 pm

I successfully uninstalled Nero 6 but why can't I installed the software I bought, Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD version7 and the Nero 5.5, which comes with the package of Samsung CD-RW / DVD ROM???
I am receiving error messages about MSIEXEC.exe and MSI.dll on both software I tried installing.
gmaster
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:49 pm

You are having problems with Windows Installer, not with Pinnacle and Nero per se. Here are some links that may help:

http://computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard ... 50474.html
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1039680448
http://appdeploy.com/faq/detail.asp?id=77

I would start with response number 4 in the first link.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby gmaster on Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:22 am

still having problem with my windows installer. I downloaded version 2.0 of MSIEXEC.exe, msi.dll and msihnd.dll. After installation an error message appeared, " windows could not upgrade one or more system files before restarting" and "windows could not upgrade the file %1 from %2 %1 : %2"

Please help... my os is Windows ME.
gmaster
Buffer Underrun

Previous

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)