Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Cyberlink's PowerDVD Director Pro

Anything else

Cyberlink's PowerDVD Director Pro

Postby craiger on Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:20 pm

Hi. Does this include PowerDVD 5? Thanks, Craig.
craiger

Postby Inertia on Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:10 pm

The CyberLink PowerDirector Pro video editing software includes DVD playback capability. Whether or not this is PowerDVD 5 or a variation I don't know.

You could either contact CyberLink and ask them or download a trial copy and find out for yourself. Did you check their website first before asking this question?
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby craiger on Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:28 pm

Yes, it was specific about playing back DVD movies. That I could see. Why be so mean about me posting a question?
Last edited by craiger on Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
craiger

Postby cfitz on Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:03 pm

He wasn't being mean, craiger. He was just trying to help by giving you a little information and suggesting some additional resources to try. If you hadn't already checked their website, then it would be good to look there, right? I don't think any ill will was intended.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby craiger on Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:55 pm

Sorry, didn't know. I should have said the web site wasn't specific about it. I just thought someone here might have this program and could tell me if it had PowerDVD XP 4.0 or 5.0 for playing back movies.
craiger

Postby Inertia on Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:04 pm

craiger,

Look at it this way. If a person asks a question without first disclosing what he already knows and what he has already done, a person trying to help may very likely retrace steps and procedures that have already been covered. It's a waste of their time due to the lack of information provided, and is an inconsiderate way to ask for help.

I wasn't trying to be mean, but my time is valuable to me. When time is wasted doing the same procedure that someone later discloses "I've already done that" it is disrespectful to those trying to help by not advising them up front as to what they have already done.

In other words, it would have been much more helpful to say in the beginning that you had already checked the site, found that it had a player capability, but were still curious whether anyone that had the program could tell you if it included PowerDVD. :)
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Return to General Software Questions