Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Problems with buffer underrun please help

Burn baby burn!

Problems with buffer underrun please help

Postby Alpha_x on Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:17 am

I had a Benq who worked fine for some time and then it wouldnt burn faster than 16x and now i'm down on 4-6x , when i tried to burn faster it would result in burn failure and buffer underrun.

I updatet the firmware and tried to clean the air vents and a new Nero version still the same problem.
Okay its wrong with the CD writer i thought so i got a used Samsung 48x max that for sure works in 32x (my da' used it in his computer).

This burner had buffer underrun protection so the burn process went to completion and Nero said burn process completed sucessfully, and that buffer underrun was avoid like 115 times.
When i put the cd back in and tried to open it it was nothing on it and it said the cd was unformatted.

So the problem is what do i do with my computer that destroys all my cds with the buffer underrun.

I've tried defragging the hd. Didnt work.
Alpha_x
Buffer Underrun

Postby David on Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:00 am

I would check to make sure DMA is enabled.
Also I would try burning without any other programs running in the background (SETI@home, anti-virus, web browser, ect)
David
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:37 am

Yes, it sounds like DMA is disabled. You can find instructions on how to enable DMA in the FAQ forum here at CDRLabs.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby Alpha_x on Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:02 pm

Where do i enable DMA? And i shouldnt be have to shutdown every program i use when I'm about to burn. Thinking about USB 2.0 burners. Comment?
Alpha_x
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:06 pm

CDRecorder wrote:You can find instructions on how to enable DMA in the FAQ forum here at CDRLabs.

No, you shouldn't have to shut down all of your programs when you burn, but David mentioned it because it would be a good thing to try in the process of troubleshooting your problem.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby David on Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:59 pm

CDRecorder Wrote
No, you shouldn't have to shut down all of your programs when you burn, but David mentioned it because it would be a good thing to try in the process of troubleshooting your problem.

You took the words right out of my fingers. :D
David
CD-RW Player

Postby Alpha_x on Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:35 am

Thanks I'll check it out right now and see if it works.
Alpha_x
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives