Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Lite-On 52/32/52 CD-RW - $14.99 @ Circuit City

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Lite-On 52/32/52 CD-RW - $14.99 @ Circuit City

Postby Ian on Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:45 am

Like the subject says..

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?o ... oid=-10262

$30 MIR - http://www.circuitcity.com/cs_contentdi ... 78&c=1&b=g
$25 MIR - http://www.circuitcity.com/cs_contentdi ... 26&c=1&b=g

While the drive is shipped free, the deal is also available in store too.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:47 am

Nice! Now Ciruit City carries Lite-On.

Also,

It says on the site "Not Availible for Online Purchase", Check your local store"
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:46 pm

OK, now they do have it back online.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby UALOneKPlus on Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:26 am

Thanks Ian!

I bought one for myself, and one for a friend tonight at the local store.

Very sweet deal!
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:45 am

Wow! It's nice to know that Circuit City is carrying Lite-On, too. :D
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby TCAS on Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:50 pm

What is the purpose of buying Lite-On 52X32X52 from Cuirtcut City for $70 where you can buy the same drive at Newegg.Com for $43. This doesn't make any sense. Many people have no fait on these Mail-in Rebates.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:49 pm

Because a lot of people do not want to have to buy it online.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CDRecorder on Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:11 pm

Well, there is also the fact that for some people, it is worth the potential risk to get a low price (such as $15) for a drive that would cost $40 or more otherwise.

I have had very few bad rebate experiences, and I do rebates very frequently (it is rare that I am not waiting for at least one rebate).
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:20 pm

I too am also waiting for at least one rebate most of the time. I like getting stuff cheap, and so far, only CenDyne has ripped me off on a rebate. I don't think I ever got the rebate from them. It was from November.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CDRecorder on Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:18 pm

I've gotten every rebate I ever sent in, but some required a little work before the rebate companies would recognize that my rebate was legitimate.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby Jim on Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:43 pm

I've never had a problem with rebates not showing up. I follow the instructions to a "t" and photocopy everything before I send it in. Many of the rebates that I've sent in lately have even provided websites to monitor the status including these two circuit city rebates and the western digital hard drives I've recently purchased. (One just shipped the other day.)

If you're diligent about sending them in and following them, you can get some great deals. These definitely aren't for those in the public with ADHD though.

Jim
Jim
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:59 pm

Jim wrote:If you're diligent about sending them in and following them, you can get some great deals. These definitely aren't for those in the public with ADHD though.

I'm not against people taking advantage of rebates. I do so myself from time to time. I'm also glad you've never had a problem. However, the fact of the matter is that getting a rebate can not be assured by simply "following the instructions to a 't'" and being "diligent".

I follow all the instructions exactly, make photocopies of all documentation and, depending on the value of the rebate, submit my materials with various levels (and expense) of proof of timely mailing and receipt. Nevertheless, I have still been stiffed.

Mad Dog, for instance, sent me one email stating that they would not honor my submission, and then simply ignored all my attempts to contact them and show them my photocopies, certificate of mailing, etc. that clearly prove I am in the right and they are cheating me. In the end, what could I do? There is only so much any one individual can do to fight a wrongfully denied rebate claim before the time and expense of the fight outweighs any possible return to be gained from receiving the rebate. It doesn't take too many phone calls, letters, photocopies and such to wipe out a five or ten dollar rebate. The crooked companies like Mad Dog know this, and use it to their advantage.

You also might want to ask people holding rebate claims on CenDyne products about the infallibility of rebates. It doesn't matter how carefully they filled out and submitted their forms, how many photocopies they made, what proof of timely mailing and receipt they have - these people are almost assuredly not going to see one dime due to CenDyne's recent bankruptcy liquidation.

Please don't dismiss those who have had problems claiming rebates as being careless or inattentive. That is rather rude and ignorant on your part.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby CDRecorder on Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:35 pm

That reminds me of one rebate I sent in for some memory. I was very careful to send everything correctly, but they said that I sent in the wrong UPC (I purchased the right product, and there was only one UPC on it). Eventually, they sent me my rebate because of my repeated requests.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Return to Hot Deals