Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Staples rebates are FAST!!! (no deals in this post)

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Staples rebates are FAST!!! (no deals in this post)

Postby airtommy on Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:11 pm

I just received two rebate checks from Staples (TDK DVD-RW, TDK CD-R spindle). The checks arrived 17 and 19 days after I mailed in the forms!!! It probably helps that I did online submission. That is mind-boggling, compared to the typical rebate experience. Can anyone top this record?

My experience with Staples rebates has always been better than with any other retailer (though Best Buy is good).

:D :D :D :D :D
airtommy
CD-RW Thug

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:44 pm

Wow, that is very fast. Congragulations.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby TheWizard on Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:34 pm

Yes, Best Buy is also good. I received a rebate from Best Buy in 14-15 days. The quickest I have ever experienced! The rebate I received from Staples a while back was also fast: 3 weeks.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby VEFF on Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:13 am

It isn't so much that Staples is fast, but rather that the manufacturer (TDK) is fast in funding the rebate.

I have had rebates from Staples purchases (CenDyne, BusLink etc.)
take a long time.
I have had others (Optimum CD-Rs Memorex scanner etc.) take only three weeks or so.
Burners only:
Pioneer DVR-115D
Pioneer DVR-111D
Plextor PX-716A TLA0304
Plextor PX-716A same TLA

LiteOn 52246S 52X CD-RW
LiteOn 52246S (another)
LiteOn 52327S 52X CD-RW
TDK 40X USB 2.0 CD-RW
TEAC CD-W540E 40X CD-RW
VEFF
CD-RW Player

Postby minchin on Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:05 am

While the manufacturers must be good to fund the rebates quickly, I have generally gotten much faster rebates from Staples and Best Buy. This is especially true on the ones that you can submit online.
I think the Staple's Rebate Center (managed by maybe the same place that runs RebatesHQ?) is just a lot more efficient in getting the things together and submit to the manufacturer.....
For anything with rebate, I would buy it if it is offered at Staples and Best Buy.... I would only buy stuff with rebate from CompUSA if it is really good offer....

Min
minchin
CD-RW Thug

Postby VEFF on Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:55 am

minchin wrote:While the manufacturers must be good to fund the rebates quickly, I have generally gotten much faster rebates from Staples and Best Buy. This is especially true on the ones that you can submit online.
I think the Staple's Rebate Center (managed by maybe the same place that runs RebatesHQ?) is just a lot more efficient in getting the things together and submit to the manufacturer.....
For anything with rebate, I would buy it if it is offered at Staples and Best Buy.... I would only buy stuff with rebate from CompUSA if it is really good offer....

Min

Actually rebateshq (Parago) processes rebates for all of the following: BestBuy, Staples, OfficeMax and even some CompUSA rebates these days.
In my case, the retailer where the item was purchased has less to do with it than the manufacturer, who must provide funding before the checks can be sent. Some companies are deadbeats when it comes to funding rebates,
whereas others are prompt.

TCA (wheresmyrebate.com) processes mainly CompUSA rebates.

Express Group processes Office Depot promotions.

Maxmyrebates.com can be used for OfficeMax store (not manufacturer) rebates.

Rebatestatus.com is for some Canon rebates.
https://secure.rebatestatus.com/bscript ... t_no=CANON

Young America, MN is for Circuit City rebates. They have no online lookup on their website though.

Fuji is www.myrewards.info
Burners only:
Pioneer DVR-115D
Pioneer DVR-111D
Plextor PX-716A TLA0304
Plextor PX-716A same TLA

LiteOn 52246S 52X CD-RW
LiteOn 52246S (another)
LiteOn 52327S 52X CD-RW
TDK 40X USB 2.0 CD-RW
TEAC CD-W540E 40X CD-RW
VEFF