Home News Reviews Forums Shop

InCD 3.x

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

InCD 3.x

Postby mvallevand on Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:58 pm

Which version of InCD is best for DVD-MRW. Over the months I've got

InCD3.51.61UP.exe
InCD337Up.exe
InCD35191up.exe
InCD35200b.exe
InCD35220b.exe
InCD35240.exe

Most of the ahead and nero ftp sites seem to have only the 191up or 200b. Are the others withdrawn?
mvallevand
Buffer Underrun

Postby mvallevand on Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:06 am

The answer to my last question isn't necessary. My DVD drive comes with Nero 5.5 but InCD 4, so I can follow the new threads on this. Before I installed the software I assumed you needed Nero 6 to run InCD 4.

Unfortunately although my drive says it support DVD+MRW, Nero and InCD aren't detecting it.
mvallevand
Buffer Underrun

Postby dburg on Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:25 pm

You need InCD 4 for DVD+MRW (and it works). What is your device mvallevand?
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby mvallevand on Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:02 pm

My DVD burner is an Aopen DRW4410 and its box says DVD+MRW. It is possilbe that the firmware hasn't caught up with the hardware. I've read that this might be a DVD- compatible one day. The drive is fairly new and there isn't a lot of info. on it yet.
mvallevand
Buffer Underrun

Postby dburg on Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:03 pm

Surprizingly neither aopen website ( http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/dvd+rw/DRW4410.htm ) nor the device's manual speak of Mount Rainier or MRW. Do you have any other confirmation of its DVD+MRW feature?
David Burg

76307 Karlsbad - Germany

dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby mvallevand on Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:18 pm

No I haven't found confirmation on the net yet. However from what I understand it is the same drive as a Ricoh MP5240A which Ricoh says does support DVD+MRW, using "Track to Disk".
mvallevand
Buffer Underrun

Postby dburg on Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:17 pm

DragToDisc maybe?

Btw, press release about DVD+MRW and Ricoh are quite unclear. The device is declared as "been adapted to the Mt. Rainier DVD+MRW standard". But does this mean that it will be able to do it later with a new firmware release or does it mean that it does it now??? :-?
David Burg

76307 Karlsbad - Germany

dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby mvallevand on Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:17 pm

That product name "Track to Disk" came from the Ricoh site. On http://www.roxio.co.uk/company/news/arc ... 1403.jhtml
"In addition to WinOnCD 6, the drive will also include Roxio's 'Drag-to-Disc' technology making data storage on CD-R/RW or DVD+RW/+R as easy as using a floppy or hard disk drive. This software already supports the next DVD-Recording-Generation DVD+MRW and CD-MRW."

This is referring to technology and not product. Maybe there is something about the OEM licensing for WinOnCD. In any case both Roxio and Ricoh are confirming Mount Rushmore. It might be like my Liteon, I will have to wait for the firmware before InCD 4 supports it.
mvallevand
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:17 pm

mvallevand wrote:That product name "Track to Disk" came from the Ricoh site. On http://www.roxio.co.uk/company/news/arc ... 1403.jhtml
"In addition to WinOnCD 6, the drive will also include Roxio's 'Drag-to-Disc' technology making data storage on CD-R/RW or DVD+RW/+R as easy as using a floppy or hard disk drive. This software already supports the next DVD-Recording-Generation DVD+MRW and CD-MRW."

This is referring to technology and not product. Maybe there is something about the OEM licensing for WinOnCD. In any case both Roxio and Ricoh are confirming Mount Rushmore. It might be like my Liteon, I will have to wait for the firmware before InCD 4 supports it.

You need to read, type and proofread more carefully, mvallevand. "Track to Disk" is not "Drag-to-Disc" (hence dburg's suggestion that you might have really meant Drag-to-Disc), and Mt. Rushmore is not Mt. Rainier. :wink:

Neither "Track to Disc" nor "Mt. Rushmore" have anything to do with Roxio, WinOnCD, or CD/DVD burning in general.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby mvallevand on Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:26 pm

Thank for pointing out the typo, I meant Mt. Ranier. Not being American I guess I get my US mountain landmarks confused <g>

As for "Track to Disk", Roxio WinCD etc these are all correct I found many references on google ie:

"Write software "Track to Disk™" from Roxio is included making data storage on CD-R/RW or DVD+RW/+R as easy as using a floppy or internal hard disc drive. This software already supports the next DVD-Recording-Generation DVD+MRW and CD-MRW."

at http://www.ricoh-europe.com/press/content/138.htm

I also found Drag2Disc Drag-to-disk and many variations, but I didn't want to get into that.
mvallevand
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:10 pm

mvallevand wrote:Not being American I guess I get my US mountain landmarks confused

Well, then that is actually pretty impressive typo. :) I wonder how many Americans can accidentally name mountains in other countries. Or heck, for that matter, intentionally name them, or even intentionally name mountains in America itself... :wink:

mvallevand wrote:As for "Track to Disk", Roxio WinCD etc these are all correct I found many references on google ie:

"Write software "Track to Disk™" from Roxio is included making data storage on CD-R/RW or DVD+RW/+R as easy as using a floppy or internal hard disc drive. This software already supports the next DVD-Recording-Generation DVD+MRW and CD-MRW."

at http://www.ricoh-europe.com/press/content/138.htm

Sure enough. It is on that page. It wasn't on the earlier link you gave. The earlier link only contained 'Drag to Disc'. However, "Track to Disk" is still in error. You won't find it anywhere on www.roxio.com or www.roxio.co.uk. I think all the references you find in Google are quoting from that one press release from Ricoh Europe that you linked, in which "Track to Disk" is a typo. The name of Roxio's packet-writing software is "Drag-to-Disc"

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:59 pm

cfitz wrote:
mvallevand wrote:Not being American I guess I get my US mountain landmarks confused

Well, then that is actually pretty impressive typo. :) I wonder how many Americans can accidentally name mountains in other countries. Or heck, for that matter, intentionally name them, or even intentionally name mountains in America itself... :wink:

it's not symmetric.
you probably can't name mountains in Israel, but i would expect you to be able to do that if, say, Hitchcock had filmed his "North by Northwest" on one the mountains here! :wink:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)