Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Taiyo Yuden....Good Deal

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Taiyo Yuden....Good Deal

Postby BoogieBlues on Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:23 am

Tried to get in on best buys deal for the Fuji's made by TY...but all I could find were the ones made in Tiawan... :<( Sams Club was a block away so went over there....They have Maxell CD-R music 80 min 700 mb 50 pack spindels for $12 and some change...they have 2 differnt spindels one is shrink wraped in gold...does not say where it was made...they show these on their on line store as made in Tiawan....they also had spindels shrink wraped in red these say made in Japan....hopeing these were TY I bought a Spindel.....Checked one with NERO.....says Manufactured by TAIYO YUDEN......went back bought 4 more Spindels .25-.26 each not to bad for TY....plus you dont have to mess with REBATES....If you want them with jewel cases 50 are $17....made in JAPAN..so I guess there are TY too.....You can get the ones with cases thru their online store they say on thier website they are made in Japan....if you buy the Spindel ones on line you probably get made in Tiawn ones.....not the greatest price but at least I have 250 TY's in hand....they are getting harder to find....Big John
BoogieBlues
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:02 am

Thanks for the heads up BoogieBlues. That's a good price... especially for Audio discs.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:28 am

Ian wrote:Thanks for the heads up BoogieBlues. That's a good price... especially for Audio discs.

Come on man, you know as well as I and everyone else does, that there is no difference between disks marked Audio and Data. Nonetheless, that is a pretty good deal on TY disks in-store with no rebtates. Problem is is that you have to be a Sam's Club member...
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby MediumRare on Fri Oct 17, 2003 11:40 am

aviationwiz wrote:Come on man, you know as well as I and everyone else does, that there is no difference between disks marked Audio and Data.

That's not really true- audio disks have a levy that goes to the RIAA or GEMA or whatever other group claims to be representing recording artists. So they're more expensive to start with.

Technically, there wasn't any difference in the past. And of course you can use audio discs for data (but not data disks in a hifi recorder). Now, with 52x recorders being the norm, it's hard to sell any media aimed at low speed recording to anyone else than those locked into 1x or so for Hifi recorders.

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Audio Disk

Postby BoogieBlues on Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:42 pm

They are Audio Disk which is a plus for me because I have a Philips dual tray standalone that I hook up Opticaly to my Roland 1680 to burn the master disk for our bands songs...the Philips has to have Audio disk...Than I make copies on my 2 PC's....these TY's at Sams are only 32X but thats fast enough for my use....as far as being a member of Sams Iam not....But everyone probably has a friend that is....LOL....Big John
BoogieBlues
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:40 am

aviationwiz wrote:Come on man, you know as well as I and everyone else does, that there is no difference between disks marked Audio and Data.

Actually, I know better than you. If you're using them in your computer, that's true. However many stand alone CD recorders REQUIRE that you use the special audio discs.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby treemana on Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:25 am

MediumRare wrote:That's not really true- audio disks have a levy that goes to the RIAA or GEMA or whatever other group claims to be representing recording artists. So they're more expensive to start with.

I did not know that. I always wondered why they were more expensive, since they didn't seem to be any "better" (at least in my PC) than data disks.

Now I know (and knowing is half the battle).

Thanks.
treemana
CD-RW Player

Return to Hot Deals