Home News Reviews Forums Shop

video capture (dazzle, pinnacle, or adstech)

CPU's? Motherboards? Video cards? Talk about it here.

video capture (dazzle, pinnacle, or adstech)

Postby ruderacer on Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:12 pm

I looking to burn home movies and other stuff to vcd, dvd,cd, etc. I've looked at the Dazzle Dvc 150, Pinnacle Studio Movie Box, and ADS Instant DVD and I would like to know which of the three is the best. I've read some of the reviews and some say the Dazzle is not that good (software not good), the Pinnacle is OK, and PC Magazine gave Editor's Choice to the ADS Instant DVD. If any of you have used these products, which would you recommed and why?
ruderacer
CD-RW Player

Postby Turkeyscore.com on Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:59 pm

might also consider a PCI tv tuner card. I havent tried any of those ones you mentioned but have used a cheap PCI TV tuner, it was only able to take 320x240 AVI @30 fps, but there are others that do good quality. The PCI ones are often less money than those ones
zzzt *pop*
Turkeyscore.com
CD-RW Player

Postby treemana on Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:38 am

Although I haven't used any of the products you mentioned, I am happy with my Hauppauge PVR 250 capture card. It's best feature is a hardware MPEG-2 encoder. (It doesn't rely on your CPU to do the encoding.)

I usually capture video at DVD resolution. (720x480, 29.97fps, 4000kbps) This gives lets me store about 2hrs of video on a typical 4.37GB DVD disk. I am pleased with the results.

My capture card/DVD burner combo has basically replaced my VCR for recording video.
treemana
CD-RW Player

Postby music_lover on Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:01 pm

well as far as i have seen the pinnacle is sure one if you want quality
music_lover
Buffer Underrun

Return to General Hardware Discussion