Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Trouble ripping with SW-252B...

Burn baby burn!

Trouble ripping with SW-252B...

Postby skuntbehavior on Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:10 pm

looks like i will be re-installing my trusty lite-on 48x if this can't be resolved. i once reported that this samsung 52x had some issues recognizing 48x rated media and thus burning at that speed. my lite-on never had such issues. i have not tried other makes of media due to lack of time.
this time around the samsung doesn't want to rip my cds any longer. i get this message after it rips the first track.

" The digital audio extraction failed or was aborted by the user".

i did not hit cancel, dma is enabled, using windows 2000 pro, the latest firmware has been applied to the drive and i am using nero 5.5.9.24.
does anyone have any brain blasts as to what the issue might be this time?
thanks for any help rendered. :wink:
no sig yet.
skuntbehavior
Buffer Underrun

Postby Bhairav on Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:35 am

Hey. Which program are you using to rip? I recommend Exact Audio Copy, www.exactaudiocopy.de. Try it and see.
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
Bhairav
CD-RW Player

Postby skuntbehavior on Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:55 pm

i have heard of it and i think i have actually used some trialware before.
i figured out the problem. i bought the retail version of an album and i went to rip and copy for secondary use. (i like to copy the original and use a play copy that i can beat up). i tried another album and ripping went fine. i don't get it cause the cd is brand new and there are no scratches, finger prints of any sort on the surface area.
oh well....
thanks for the suggestion though. :wink:
no sig yet.
skuntbehavior
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:16 am

Interesting; I had the same thing happen this week. I bought a new music CD from the store, and none of my optical drives would rip the last track. My regular audio player wouldn't play it either. I think the disc is just defective; I know it isn't copy-protected.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives