Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Car Insurance

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Car Insurance

Postby MonteLDS on Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:02 pm

I am looking into changing insurance companies

Wanted to know who people use how much the deductible is etc...

I am looking into full auto insurance only.
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby burninfool on Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:12 pm

I use 21st Century,it's the cheapest I could find: www.21st.com
Here's a great website: www.insweb.com/
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:46 pm

:o

good grief these are horrible rates!

all of them were well over what my current rate is by some 200$ and others by 1200$!
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:51 pm

I used to deal with el-cheapo insurance companies.. until some old biddie took a turn too wide and sideswiped my car. It took my insurance company almost a week to call me back. By that time her insurance company had already called me back, gotten me an estimate and cut me a check. Can you guess what company I'm with now?

Seriously.. you get what you pay for. Some might be more expensive, but when the shit hits the fan, they'll be there for you.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby DawnLoader on Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:33 am

Ian wrote:I used to deal with el-cheapo insurance companies.. until some old biddie took a turn too wide and sideswiped my car. It took my insurance company almost a week to call me back. By that time her insurance company had already called me back, gotten me an estimate and cut me a check. Can you guess what company I'm with now?

Seriously.. you get what you pay for. Some might be more expensive, but when the shit hits the fan, they'll be there for you.

Tru dat. I have to second what Ian is saying here. Since I had gotten my insurance through an agent, I used to have insurance with a company I never heard of that was besed in Iowa. They were quick to send the monthly insurance bill, but very slow at responding to inquiries.

Now I am with AAA and my rates are 1/2 what I was paying to other company, and I can't even remember the name of that company. I can't speak very highly of Mercury Insurance, but that is my personal experience. This dude hit my parked car, and Mercury Insurance had difficuly beliving that they had to pay for dameges he caused. The dude that hit my car totally admitted that it was his fault and told his insurance company that it was his mistake and they sould pay me. Judge made them pay. Wasted my time and gas. Had to take off work to attend court. I lost PTO time and wages for the hours that I could have worked. And my compay was not too happy that I had to attend court during one of heavy programming days. Mercuty sent a lawyer to court with the dude that hit my car. It cost them to pay me and lawyer fee. What a bunch of dumb asses! And furthere more, the dude that hit my car even offerd me a job in his small company.

Surf on over to http://www.insurance.ca.gov (California Department of Insurance). Specifically, check out http://www.insurance.ca.gov/docs/FS-Surveys.htm. Select Automobile Insurance survey and go from there. This should give you good information.

Yes, I do work in an auto insurnace company. No, I can not get you a quote (we have agents for that).
DawnLoader
Buffer Underrun

Return to The Beer Garden