Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Ian and a pizza place

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Ian and a pizza place

Postby MonteLDS on Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:54 pm

it is so weird when sometimes you dream about people you don't even know. Last night I had a dream Jennifer & I were out and about in my home town of Hayward and I went to grab some pizza at a local pizza place that doesn't exist. And Ian was the owner/cashier :lol:
I said something long the lines of hey whats up Ian and for some reason a bunch of people who were there represented as forum members of CDRLabs were all enjoying Pizza there. I was leaving the Pizza place and told Ian; man isn't it great that a whole forum commuinty lives so close to each other!

WHAT DID THAT HAMBURGER DO TO ME THAT I ATE LAST NIGHT!?!?!?
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:02 pm

You dream about people from CDRLabs? I think you need to get out more often. LOL.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CDRecorder on Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:26 pm

Wow, that was an interesting dream. :D
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby UALOneKPlus on Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:47 pm

Yea I had the same dream too!!!

I was ordering, and I asked Ian "what's the best tasting pizza?" And this fellow, CDRecorder who was standing behind me, says "get a Lite-On man!! It's da bomb!!" Then this other guy who was waiting for his pizza, who had color all over his face, and wore a "South African Airways" T-Shirt, says "Bah, get a Plextor pizza instead, it's way better than that Lite-On crap!!"

So I was about to order, then this guy hoxlund taps me on my shoulder, and whispers "psst, I've got some Supreme pizza's out back that you can buy for 1/10th the price of what Ian's selling, so just order the drink and I'll hook ya up!!"

So anyway I finally get my food and drink, and sit down to eat with my buddy cfitz, who was explaining the thermal dynamics of making pizza, when all of a sudden I remember that I have to log onto eBay to make a $10,000 bid on a Nike shoe, so I bid cfitz farewell and rush to a cybercafe to make a bid, but it was too late as I woke up and realized that I wasn't hungry or making a bid...

Weird, huh?
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:10 pm

Wierdest dreams I have ever heard. Oh, BTW, Domino's Pizaa Rocks!
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby integspec on Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:51 pm

What would be interesting to know is, did Ian himself make any /recommendations for any type of Pizza? (Because this doesn't happen in real life, at least in the dreams I wonder whether he would do it!).

UALOneKPlus - very good one!
Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage;
Minds innocent and quiet take
That for an hermitage;
If I have freedom in my love,
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such liberty. - Richard Lovelace
integspec
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:24 am

lol.. that's funny. Seriously though. If I owned a restaurant, it would probably serve Chinese (no, I'm not Chinese.. just like the food).
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby TheWizard on Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:22 am

aviationwiz wrote:Wierdest dreams I have ever heard. Oh, BTW, Domino's Pizaa Rocks!

Oh man, you need to come to New York City. :) Domino's, Pizza Hut...all those places are fine, if you can't get a real New York pizza. :wink:
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:26 am

TheWizard wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:Wierdest dreams I have ever heard. Oh, BTW, Domino's Pizaa Rocks!

Oh man, you need to come to New York City. :) Domino's, Pizza Hut...all those places are fine, if you can't get a real New York pizza. :wink:
John's Pizzeria!
Last edited by dodecahedron on Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby TheWizard on Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:27 am

Umm, no disrespect, but who the heck is John?
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:49 am

well, John's Pizza is a pizzeria (a few actually) in Manhatten.
went there when i was in NY 3 years ago (honeymoon).

according to the tour book i had, it's considered one of the best pizzerias in NY. Woody Allen's favorite if i'm not mistaken.

as it turned out we went to 2: one of them in the upper east side (if i recall correctly). the second one on 44th St. between 6th and 7th ave. (right next to Broadway/Times sq., didn't plan on going to the same place again but as it turned out it's on the same block of the hotel we stayed at so we nabbed that last luch in NY before our plane flight home.

excellent food. both the Pizza , Pasta and the Calzone.
the one in the upper east side is (was?) nicer in our opinion.

the one near Broadway: 260 West 44 Street.
Last edited by dodecahedron on Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby TheWizard on Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:00 am

Ah yes, there are a ton of good pizzerias in NYC, and obviously I don't know them all. :)
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:05 am

probably am impossible task, even for someone living in NY! :)
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:27 am

TheWizard wrote:

Isn't it Chicago that is known for the pizza? Also, I've been to NY, and it is very over-rated.

Good things in New York:
Carnegie Deli
JFK Terminal 3 Gate 5 (SAA)
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:01 am

aviationwiz wrote:I've been to NY, and it is very over-rated.

Good things in New York:
Carnegie Deli
JFK Terminal 3 Gate 5 (SAA)

LOL
one might even think you're saying this on purpose to start another debate/flamewar

i could spend days just in the Egyptian section of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. to say nothing of the rest of the museum...

damn i can't be bothered to list tens of things i would love to do if i were in NY... :o

but i guess it's not worth going there...it's overrated :o :o :o

come to think of it, maybe i should go visit NY...i heard the SAA section of Terminal 3 is really great...
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby TheWizard on Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:18 am

Chicago is well-known for pan pizza, New York is well-known for hand-tossed pizza. Some people prefer one, the other, both, or neither. While I don't mind a pan pizza, New York style hand-tossed pizza is still my favorite.

You know what I think is overrated? South Africa. I never thought that before, but since you always find a way to tie the discussion into South Africa, it has given SA a poor reputation in my eyes. Same goes for Plextor, overrated, thanks to you always bringing that up too.

There's a reason why people say New York is the best city in the world.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby treemana on Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:28 am

dodecahedron wrote:come to think of it, maybe i should go visit NY... i heard the SAA section of Terminal 3 is really great...

LOL.

I'm New Yorker now living in California. The food that I miss the most is the Pizza! The local stuff just doesn't compare.
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...
treemana
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:43 am

dodecahedron wrote:come to think of it, maybe i should go visit NY...i heard the SAA section of Terminal 3 is really great...

:lol:

Yeah, who would have thought that a generic airline gate at JFK is the best thing about New York City? But since we have been told this by the authority on everything, I guess it must be true... :roll: Well, I'm off to Expedia to see if I can book a tour of gate 5. Oops! Sorry. How stupid of me. I'm sure Expedia sucks too and I would be much better off booking my trips here. And look, they are proud too:

Proud of their Internet domain?? What's next? :o I wonder if CDRLabs would be better if it were www.cdrlabs.co.za?

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:54 am

TheWizard wrote:Chicago is well-known for pan pizza, New York is well-known for hand-tossed pizza. Some people prefer one, the other, both, or neither. While I don't mind a pan pizza, New York style hand-tossed pizza is still my favorite.

You know what I think is overrated? South Africa. I never thought that before, but since you always find a way to tie the discussion into South Africa, it has given SA a poor reputation in my eyes. Same goes for Plextor, overrated, thanks to you always bringing that up too.

There's a reason why people say New York is the best city in the world.

Have you used Plextor, or been to South Africa to call either over-rated? I don't think so.

Also, I don't like Chicago pizza, I tried it once, but didn't like it. Although I know that whenever I think of pizza in terms of a city, I think of Chicago.
Last edited by aviationwiz on Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:01 pm

cfitz wrote:
dodecahedron wrote:come to think of it, maybe i should go visit NY...i heard the SAA section of Terminal 3 is really great...

:lol:

Yeah, who would have thought that a generic airline gate at JFK is the best thing about New York City? But since we have been told this by the authority on everything, I guess it must be true... :roll: Well, I'm off to Expedia to see if I can book a tour of gate 5. Oops! Sorry. How stupid of me. I'm sure Expedia sucks too and I would be much better off booking my trips here. And look, they are proud too:

Proud of their Internet domain?? What's next? :o I wonder if CDRLabs would be better if it were www.cdrlabs.co.za?

cfitz

It's all a matter of opinion, I don't see what the problem is. Also, yes, I do not like Expedia, Orbitz, Planet-Travel, or any of those places. I often find that getting tickets directly from the airline will give you a cheaper price.

Also, I agree, Proudly .co.za is pretty stupid. co.za is just a domain name, nothing more, I think they should just have the standard Proudly South African logo that was my avatar for the past while.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Ian on Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:31 pm

This reminds me of the saying:

Arguing on the internet is like the special olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CowboySlim on Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:27 am

I don't want no steeenking pizza!

Slim
Who eats his beans in the can they come in.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:25 pm

CowboySlim wrote:Slim
Who eats his beans in the can they come in.

Don't you at least heat them up first? :)
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:27 pm

aviationwiz wrote:Have you used Plextor, or been to South Africa to call either over-rated? I don't think so.

Careful, lad, I have used a Plextor before. But rather than dragging this out further and looking even more retarded (:lol: w/ Ian), I'll just stop.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:45 pm

Don't you at least heat them up first?

Sure, with my Coleman stove.

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to The Beer Garden