Home News Reviews Forums Shop

CRC errors - Need Help

Burn baby burn!

CRC errors - Need Help

Postby bobeep on Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:01 am

Hi, Im new to this forum, and don't have much experience with burning. I have a Mitsumi 4804TE drive, and am using mitsubishi (postech) blank
cd-r's for burning. I use alcohol 120%, and nero 6 for buring images and data files, and after each burn I use cdChecker to check the disk for errors.

Everytime I check the disk with cdChecker I get errors ranging from 1 - 1000+ CRC redundacy errors on that disk. Can someone please tell me what causes CRC errors, and what I can do to reduce or eliminate them. I'm not sure if the problem is the blank cd's I use or if my burner just sucks or maybe it's both. Any help is appreciated.
bobeep
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:09 am

Welcome to CDRLabs! :D

The problem is probably that the writing quality is very poor on the problematic discs The first thing to try is updating your burner's firmware to the latest version. If that doesn't help; try using another brand of discs.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby bobeep on Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:58 pm

When I use a rewritable disk it burns with no errors so it must be those shitty disks.
bobeep
Buffer Underrun

Postby integspec on Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:52 am

Assuming your drive is new: buy some premium quality disks and do some tests. This way you can satisfactorily find out whether the problem is with your drive or the media.

Recommended: Taiyo Yuden, Fuji, Memorex. Also 3M or Philips should do fine.
Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage;
Minds innocent and quiet take
That for an hermitage;
If I have freedom in my love,
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such liberty. - Richard Lovelace
integspec
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives