Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero CD Speed

Burn baby burn!

Nero CD Speed

Postby Garathor on Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:03 pm

I tried using Nero CD-DVD Speed 2.11 yesterday. In the CD quality test (Extra > CD Quality Test) i always get an error message when i press "start" if i have the "Report C1 errors" checkbox enabled. It says "Error initializing test."

This happens with both my Asus CD-RW drive and my Plextor CD-ROM drive. If i disable "Report C1 errors", everything works fine. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Garathor
Buffer Underrun

Re: Nero CD Speed

Postby Anon-007 on Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:39 pm

Happens with me as well, I'll follow this thread as well in hope
of finding a solution..

Sid

Garathor wrote:I tried using Nero CD-DVD Speed 2.11 yesterday. In the CD quality test (Extra > CD Quality Test) i always get an error message when i press "start" if i have the "Report C1 errors" checkbox enabled. It says "Error initializing test."

This happens with both my Asus CD-RW drive and my Plextor CD-ROM drive. If i disable "Report C1 errors", everything works fine. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Anon-007
Buffer Underrun

Postby rdgrimes on Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:44 pm

AFAIK, niether of those drives reports errors. the error scan can only work with drives that support it.
rdgrimes
CD-RW Player

Postby MediumRare on Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:52 pm

Aparently only LiteOn and Plextor Premium are supported. See CD-DVD Speed Compatibility list and Scan Results for some more information.

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Postby Garathor on Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:27 pm

So there is really no good way of testing for those of us that don't own a LiteOn or Plextor writer (no KProbe and no CD Speed)? Why is it that other drives aren't supported, are they simply not able to detect C1 errors?

Do you have any experience with CD-R Diagnostic? What sort of errors is it reporting when it says "recoverable errors" and "unreadable errors" ? Could that be C1 and C2? Anyway, CD-R Diagnostic works just fine with my drives.
Garathor
Buffer Underrun

Postby rdgrimes on Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:24 pm

The drives do not report errors at all, has nothing to do with the software. CDDr is still around and works for some drives, but none that don't work in CDSpeed.
DVDInfo-pro has a scandisc function, but so does CDSpeed, this is the way most people test.
rdgrimes
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives