Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Consumer at Best Buy told me about "The Taiwan Connecti

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Consumer at Best Buy told me about "The Taiwan Connecti

Postby NoSmartz on Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:29 am

I was at Best Buy the other day in the blank media isle and an older gentlemen was pondering over some Blank DVD media(Memorex -).I gave him an opinion on what - media to purchase and he proceeded to tell me that it didn't matter which media he got 'cause if I were to look on the back label and the ones that say "Made in Taiwan",they're all manufactured by the same company(manufacturer)in Taiwan so that means that each brand is the same.He also said that there is only one manufacturer in Taiwan so that also means that the media is the same just different packaging.I felt sorry for him but you know,not really.

E
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:31 am

I wonder where he got that information... :roll:
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:41 am

wow, that's incredible. I actually feel like he has by proxy made me less intelligent with his painfully ludicrous ignorance. I'm speechless :o
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:42 am

Doesn't surprise me. The media aisle the local BB is always full of morons. I used to try to give people advice, but its not worth it.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby MonteLDS on Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:21 pm

Ian wrote:Doesn't surprise me. The media aisle the local BB is always full of morons. I used to try to give people advice, but its not worth it.

HAHAHAHAHA. it so tru HAHAHAA
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:25 pm

I would like to respond to all 3 comments casuse I'm still laughing at him trying to convince me of his theory.
I wonder where he got that information...

Not from CDR Labs that's for sure.
wow, that's incredible. I actually feel like he has by proxy made me less intelligent with his painfully ludicrous ignorance. I'm speechless

Yeah me to.I could do nothing but sit there and listen to "E=mc 2" theory.I sat in my truck in the parkin' lot and contemplated the universe.Am I a moron or is he the hidden Dvd Media guru come out of hiding giving me his wisdom.
Doesn't surprise me. The media aisle the local BB is always full of morons. I used to try to give people advice, but its not worth it.

You are correct there.I thought I would help someone out with a little CDR Labs wisdom but it backfired.I even thought I would give him the web address at the time to show him,I'm quite glad I didn't.Best Buy is full of those people who are "geniuses".If the meaning of "geniuses"is "an individual who is unwilling to educate himself in any way",then Best Buy has the market cornered on em'.
By the way,I told him if he wanted decent media go down the road to fry's electronics and get Great Quality brand(Princo). :D :) :P :lol:
Man am I a stinker!!!!!

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby MediumRare on Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:15 pm

NoSmartz wrote:By the way,I told him if he wanted decent media go down the road to fry's electronics and get Great Quality brand(Princo). :D :) :P :lol:
Man am I a stinker!!!!!

LOL
Well, if they're all made by the China Media Conspiracy anyway, it shouldn't make any difference if they masquerade as Prodisc/Plasmon/Princo or whatever. :wink:

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Postby NoSmartz on Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:35 am

Well, if they're all made by the China Media Conspiracy anyway, it shouldn't make any difference if they masquerade as Prodisc/Plasmon/Princo or whatever.

got that right.

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby jase on Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:19 am

An example of a little knowledge being a dangerous thing. He's obviously heard about the reasonable fact that most media is made by a small number of Taiwanese companies and this little nugget has been corrupted by Chinese whispers.

Having said that, at least he doesn't think all top-brand media must be better than the unknown-brand stuff, so he is a little above the general plebs you see around.

"Oh these discs are Sony, and they're three times the price of those Pink Premium discs over there, they must be better"; my dad to me at a computer fair.

Problem was, the Sonys were made by Lead Data and the Pinks by TY.....
jase
CD-RW Player

Postby NoSmartz on Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:30 pm

Yeah it seems everyone who thinx they know a little has to impart their wisdom to the masses.For a while there I thought he was going to get a lawn chair and sit in the aisle and preach to everyone about it.Before I said something to him,he was grabbin' the memorex 25 spindle that were CMC's.I should have never said a word!!!!
"Oh these discs are Sony, and they're three times the price of those Pink Premium discs over there, they must be better"; my dad to me at a computer fair.

My brother is exactly the some.He thinks if he pays more he gets the best.
I quit offering my opinion to him years ago about anything PC related 'cause he does or buys exactly the opposite.I think he does it to VEX me.

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden