Home News Reviews Forums Shop

PRINCO MEDIA ON PIONEER A04 - UDJA710

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

PRINCO MEDIA ON PIONEER A04 - UDJA710

Postby danubiob on Thu Jan 01, 1970 6:08 am

Hi, I burn Princo Media (DVR) at 1X with Pioneer A04, but I cannot read it on my notebook with UDJA710 drive (DVD-ROM) and on Creative PC-DVD (8X), but reads fine on Pioneer.

Using original media supplied with A04 (DVD RW) works fine on UDJA710.

Somebody have been the same problem? Is there a patch on UDJA to correct this problem?

Thanks for helping!

Danubio (from Brazil)
danubiob
Buffer Underrun

Postby loaded33 on Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:41 am

i've got the same problem. the princos just won't work in the creative player. they do work on my laptop (apple powerbook) and many other readers. Im burning with the dru500a so its not the burner.
loaded33
Buffer Underrun

Postby seaegg on Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:16 am

Welcome to the world of media compatibility. Optodisc burned on my Pioneer 104 won't play on my Sony NS315 but play fine on my Pioneer DV-440 which to be honest plays anything even though it doesn't say so in the manual. To solve my problem I bought a Pioneer DV-656A to replace my 2 month old Sony which is now for sale.
Scientia Est Potentia
seaegg
CD-RW Player

Postby boblx2 on Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:45 pm

After wasting lots of bucks on bulk media and so called "Budget" media I have learned that there is no free lunch. Nor a cheap lunch for that matter. I now buy blank DVD media from local stores. Yes they charge 2 to 4 bucks US per disc but every one that I have bought worked! I do not burn a large number of DVD's so I might change my views if that were the case, but for the few that I use this works. I have loads of coasters and potential coasters that I have bought from these shysters on the Internet. But looking through the ads in the Sunday paper I can usually come up with 2 or 3 stores that sell blank, name brand DVD media, both + and -, for 2 to 4 dollars each. Sometimes for less if I want to buy a few more. But I have never gotten a coaster out of any of them with either the Sony DRU-500A or the A04 or A05.
The brands I use are TDK, Sony, and Verbatim, to name a few. But I am sure there are other name brand media that will work also.

I guess this is no good for anyone who uses a lot of media but I am just an experimenter so it works for me..........
Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers