Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Problem after upgrading to 6.6.0.8a

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Problem after upgrading to 6.6.0.8a

Postby Scandy on Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:15 pm

Yesterday, I upgraded from v6.6.0.5 to v6.6.0.8a. So far, the new version is working OK. However, since I upgraded I now get an error every time that I put a DVD in my drive.

After the drive recognizes the disk, a Windows error message appears that says "Access to the specified driver, path, or file is denied." (The title bar in the Windows error message dialog box says "Desktop").

I am pretty sure that the Windows auto-run mechanism is trying to find a program to play the disk that does not exist on my system. When I installed Nero, when I got to the screen that asks for file associations I did not check anything (that is the same thing that I did when I installed the previous version).

I can get the error to disappear if I choose to have PowerDVD play the disk when it is inserted. However, if I un-select this option in PowerDVD, then the error message returns.

This problem started when I upgraded to the new version of Nero. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Scandy
Buffer Underrun

Postby TCAS on Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:49 pm

Scandy wrote:

Yesterday, I upgraded from v6.6.0.5 to v6.6.0.8a. So far, the new version is working OK. However, since I upgraded I now get an error every time that I put a DVD in my drive.

May this problem related to other things in your system, I have also upgraded from 6.6.0.6 to 6.6.0.8a and I just exercised and tried to create situation you have described but I am not getting any error message and things go very smooth.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)