Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Problem with burnt cue-bin files?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Problem with burnt cue-bin files?

Postby uforia on Wed May 05, 2004 3:43 am

I have had problems with burning backup copies of my games cd's when burning from the cue file - bin image back to cd. I just open the cue file in nero and hit burn, it goes through ok and the cd appears to have the data on it, except i run into errors when running exe or setups when installing the games, is this due to copy protection? Do i need to set any special switches when burning cue-bin files or special software?
uforia
Buffer Underrun

Postby extreme on Wed May 05, 2004 6:20 pm

Use Fireburner to burn your .BIN/CUE files. Fireburner seems to work/burn best.

http://www.xkee.com/cd-burner-download/ ... -download/
extreme
Buffer Underrun

Postby uforia on Thu May 06, 2004 8:42 pm

Thanks Fireburner worked :) weird tho because nero burnt the cd image ok but the files were corrupted on the actual cd.....I did notice it fail once in Fireburner aswell but I lowered burn speed from 52x to about 40x and it seems ok.....what speed do ppl normally lower from 52x for a more reliable burn?
uforia
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Fri May 07, 2004 2:18 am

you can also try burnatonce.
www.burnatonce.com
free for personal use, and designed to burn bin/cue files.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby MediumRare on Fri May 07, 2004 4:16 pm

uforia wrote:Thanks Fireburner worked :) weird tho because nero burnt the cd image ok but the files were corrupted on the actual cd.....I did notice it fail once in Fireburner aswell but I lowered burn speed from 52x to about 40x and it seems ok.....what speed do ppl normally lower from 52x for a more reliable burn?

Sounds like you're having more problems with the media you're using than with the form of the data (bin/cue). Have a look in the Media Compatibility Thread for the entries for your burner.
Which media were you using? You might want to test your burns with KProbe (LiteOn and OEMs only) or Nero CD-DVD Speed (part of Nero toolkit or direct from Erik Deppe at http://www.cdspeed2000.com/.

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)