Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Problem with last audio track

Burn baby burn!

Problem with last audio track

Postby rstubenr on Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:24 am

Hi experts!

I have Win 98 and a Philips CDRW1610A V.0280 burner.

I have a problem when burning audio CDs. When playing them back, after the end of the last track the drive will either jump back and repeat the last track, or will do some endless reading activities without playing anything, or aimlessly read for a while and stop then. Only on a very cheap CD player, it stops as it should.

I have tried a number of burn and copy software (EAC, Roxio, Nero, WaveLab ...) and it is the same problem with all of these. So, my conclusion is that it is not a matter of the software, but more of the burner. Or perhaps I have to set some specific option in some burn saftware that I do not know of.

Any help much appreciated!
Robert
rstubenr
Buffer Underrun

Re: Problem with last audio track

Postby cd pirate on Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:10 pm

what cdrs are you using? how fast are you burning? are you burning in Disc At Once (DAO) or Track at Once (TAO) or On the Fly? are you burning from mp3s or wave files?
cd pirate
Buffer Underrun

Postby rstubenr on Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:20 am

I use Platinum 700MB CD-Rs, burn at 4x speed, DAO, "true" adudio CDs, that is WAV.

Thanks,
Robert
rstubenr
Buffer Underrun

Postby Matt on Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:07 pm

How many minutes of audio are you trying to fit onto the CD? If you chop off one track does it still do it? Rather than wasting CD-R's I would use an RW disc to troubleshoot the problem, plus that will give you an idea if it is a media problem/speed problem as well.
Matt
CD-RW Player

Postby rstubenr on Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:17 am

The problem is independnent of the lengths of the audio CD. It appears on 35 min as well as on 70+ CDs. So I guess chopping the last track wouldn't change anything.
This problem seems to be more unusual than I expected. I thought it is perhaps a standard problem with a standard solution.
Thanks for the tip with the CD-RW.

Robert
rstubenr
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives