Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Question about Benq 1640

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Question about Benq 1640

Postby Agent Orange on Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:18 pm

Just connected my new benq 1640. This is my first benq so I'm not familiar with it. When i placed a dvd in it the green light stayed on even though the dvd was not playing and while burning in blinks . is this normal?
sorry if it might seem like a stupid question but all my other burners are nec.
Agent Orange
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:42 am
Location: S.Florida, USA

Re: Question about Benq 1640

Postby rahzel on Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:49 pm

Agent Orange wrote:Just connected my new benq 1640. This is my first benq so I'm not familiar with it. When i placed a dvd in it the green light stayed on even though the dvd was not playing and while burning in blinks . is this normal?
sorry if it might seem like a stupid question but all my other burners are nec.

thats normal, i like how it does that so i know theres a disc in the drive.
rahzel
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:31 pm

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:25 pm

Yup... I miss how the DW1620 had a colour changing LED though... that made the burning visibly different from the reading of a disc.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Agent Orange on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:06 am

Thanks for the reply guys. Any word on how good this drive is ?
Agent Orange
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:42 am
Location: S.Florida, USA

Postby rahzel on Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:11 am

Agent Orange wrote:Thanks for the reply guys. Any word on how good this drive is ?

from the reviews and my own limited experience with the drive, the 1640 is one of the best, if not the best writer currently out there.
rahzel
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:31 pm

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:03 am

rahzel wrote:
Agent Orange wrote:Thanks for the reply guys. Any word on how good this drive is ?

from the reviews and my own limited experience with the drive, the 1640 is one of the best, if not the best writer currently out there.


And so far not a single complaint from anyone who owns one (other then it doesn't over speed much media... and that is going to be "solved" *VERY* soon :wink: )
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
User avatar
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 6923
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:14 pm
Location: Vancouver B.C. Canada

Postby Agent Orange on Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:38 am

Thanks for the info. I have burned a few dvd disk already and you are right it doesn't overspeed media like my Nec.
Agent Orange
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:42 am
Location: S.Florida, USA


Return to DVD Writers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.