Home News Reviews Forums Shop

$30 rebate on PX-716A

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:15 pm

I wonder if the quality problems are a hardware fault or a firmware fault. I'm *SO* close to getting a PX-716, but I just don't want to take the risk of it having hardware problems, since I'll be having it shipped in from the U.S. and I don't want to have to ship it internationally to get it repaired/replaced! :-?
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby MadBurner on Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:30 pm

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/10826

Yeah, I just read that at CD Freaks!

Well I'm glad that I could partipate in their beta testing program but it would have been nice to receive the drive for free!!

MB
MadBurner
CD-RW Player

Postby MadBurner on Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:32 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:I wonder if the quality problems are a hardware fault or a firmware fault. I'm *SO* close to getting a PX-716, but I just don't want to take the risk of it having hardware problems, since I'll be having it shipped in from the U.S. and I don't want to have to ship it internationally to get it repaired/replaced! :-?

Unfortunately, it appears to be a hardware problem!!

MB
MadBurner
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:08 pm

I'll be passing on this drive for at least the near future. They need to fix it up *A LOT* before even I consider buying it.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby DVD_ADDICT on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:51 am

aviationwiz wrote:
I'll be passing on this drive for at least the near future. They need to fix it up *A LOT* before even I consider buying it.

I totally agree with you! Now I'm not 8-[ about purchasing one. And who knows by the time Plextor fixes the bugs, maybe the Pioneer drive will be available. Only thing that sucks is that there are people who bought this drive and Plextor knowingly let those drives be sold knowing there were problems to begin with. In my opinion all of you who bought the drive I would suggest you return it to BEST BUY. Get your money back and wait till Plextor gets their shit together.

Bush you bastard finish up what you started! :evil:
DVD_ADDICT
CD-RW Player

Previous

Return to DVD Writers