Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Slide Show pause during TV viewing

General discussion about recordable CD, DVD and BD media and write quality testing.

Slide Show pause during TV viewing

Postby SCUBADO on Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:56 pm

:(
No problem creating, with audio, and burning slide show on DVDs(-R). Problem starts while viewing show on TV. Randomly, a slide will pause (1-2 sec), audio turns off... and then continue playing. Burnt abt 9-10 dics, each having the same problem.

Any Suggestions?? :)
SCUBADO
Buffer Underrun

Postby SithTracy on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:20 pm

What are you burning on? Media type.. and at what speed using which application and what burner???
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby SCUBADO on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:39 pm

Mr Tracey... here are your answers,

Sony DW-D22A Burner
TDK Media burning at 8X

P.S. This morning used a SONY DVD+RW, speed 4x.... No Problem
SCUBADO
Buffer Underrun

Postby Justin42 on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:26 am

It's definitely a media problem if it works on another disc. TDK is unfortunately bad media (unless you're using older [say 3-4 years] TDK, back when it was good). Try to find some Sony or Verbatim DVDs and see if it works.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby SCUBADO on Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:09 pm

Did a little homework... Bought some Sony(+R) disks and created the same slide show. Viewed it on DVD player (A) it stopped dead at 2:32 mins into the show!! Replayed it on my PC using NERO ShowTime. No problem... played fine. Then replayed the RW disk, which I had created the day before, and it also stopped at 2:32; this disk had been viewed on a different DVD player (B), the day it was created. But the RW disk did play fine on the PC. Finally played the TDK (-R) disk and it played fine on the PC; but stopped at 2:32 mins on the DVD player(A). I finally played all three on DVD player (B)... you guessed it, all played fine!!! The only info abt the DVD players is- (A) is a JVC DVD/SUPER VCD/VCD/CD Player, (B) is a SONY Video VDC DVD+RW/+R /-RW/-R Player. I don't remember which player I used when I created the 12 disks, I suspect it was (A)..... but none of them stopped at 2:32 mins!!! So how do I determine if the are good or bad??
SCUBADO
Buffer Underrun

Postby Justin42 on Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:46 pm

If it keeps consistently stopping at the same point my guess would be there is something about the disc that Nero is creating that the JVC doesn't like. Maybe try making a slightly different compilation to see if it works differently?

But the fact it seems to work fine on other players, and on your computer, and stops in the same place on every disc on the JVC makes me think it's something Nero is doing incorrectly, OR a bug in the JVC unit itself. (which odds are you won't be able to work around)
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Return to Recordable Media Discussion