I’m still encountering a problem with the settings of my HD since last.
It’ s about the PIO -> DMA conversion.
I’ve read a lot in the forum, and tried various solutions for the problem.
It worked only partly, just my CD writer and reader I managed to convert to the DMA settings, but not for my HD.
Can someone give some more hints?
Here’s what I’ve already tried :
- Toggle the settings in the control Panel ( bar is set to “ DMA if available” ) , and rebooting doesn’t cure my problem.
- Also uninstalling my primary IDE controller and rebooting afterwards doesn’t seem to work . PC autodetects primary IDE after reboot but automatically sets to PIO mode.
- Following trick doesn’t work either. After rebooting my system automatically reinstalls the removed components. Look at the way I tried to solve the problem :
- Find the following KEY:
- The last four digits will be 0000, 0001, 0002, 0003, and so on.
- Under each key, delete all occurences of the following values:
- Reboot the computer. Windows will now redetect DMA settings
It didn’t work out.
Could u give me another way to solve the problem plz ???
Here are my system components:
512 MB RAM
ATI Radeon 9600XT vid card
Hard disk MAXTOR 6L040J2.
I use 80 pins cable HD ->Motherboard
THANX FOR ANY ANSWERS !!!!!
moved to General Software forum - dodecahedron