I have had my TDK 32/10/40B for about a year and continue to have a problem with it. At random times anywhere from a minute to several days after boot-up it gets "lost" by WinXP. I have tried it in all four IDE slots. I have the latest Nero and InCD updates. My PC will lockup for a couple of seconds on and off for about a minute then it is gone. It does not respond to the eject button and WinXP does not see it. But when I reboot it works again.
All TDK has told me when they reply is to move it from the Primary Master to the Secondary Master. My old Smart & Friendly 6/4/24 never had this problem. I am running a copy of Nero Burning ROM that I bought before I got the TDK. It worked fine on my S&F.
I am at the end because of the unreliability of the drive and haven't heard back from TDK.