burned a backup of a movie with my BenQ DW1620 B7T9 onto TDK 8x DVD+R TY T02.
i checked the transfer rate on the Toshiba DVD-ROM (see below) and was alarmed. but when i did a transfer rate at 12x and 8x, both on the Toshiba and on the BenQ, the curve was smooth and nice. see pics below, also Disc Quality.
did another burn - first with DVD Decrypter, second with Nero (to rule out the software as an issue) results basically the same.
so what, the Toshiba is a picky reader?
anyone else with this drive, what's you experiences with it ?
yeah, i know that J004 is a hacked firmware (rip-lock removed).
- CDSpeed tranfer rate test on the Toshiba DVD-ROM @ 12x.
- transfer rate on toshiba at 12x.png (48.29 KiB) Viewed 7810 times
- CDSpeed tranfer rate test on the Toshiba DVD-ROM @ 16x.
note how the dips correleate with the quality scan above.
- transfer rate on toshiba at 16x.png (53.39 KiB) Viewed 7816 times
- CDSpeed Disc Quality test on the BenQ burner.
- quality test on benq.png (54.12 KiB) Viewed 7811 times
Last edited by dodecahedron
on Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
M.C. Escher - Reptilien