Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:54 pm

The title of the next Transformers movie has already been announced. According to Hasbro, its going to be called Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen.

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/defa ... 75A8BBBAD6

With a little more than a year away until its debut, the buzz is building about the sequel to 2007’s hit movie Transformers.

Transformers 2 — subtitled Revenge of the Fallen — began shooting on June 2nd in Bethlehem, PA. While details of the movie’s plot a closely-guarded secret, expect a key character from the first movie to make a dramatic comeback and attempt to settle a score.

Cast members, Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson will reprise their roles, and Rainn Wilson from NBC’s The Office, will also join the cast.

In case anyone is wondering.. there was a character named The Fallen in the old Dreamwave comics.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen

Postby SithTracy on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:30 pm

After seeing the first one and being hesitant, I do plan on seeing this. A couple of links from FirstShowing.net

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/06/05/ ... and-alone/

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/06/05/ ... he-fallen/
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:35 pm

There seems to be a lot of disinformation already. Some places are reporting that there is going to be a ice cream truck that turns into two robots and that Bumblebee is now a Vette.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:03 pm

Ian wrote:In case anyone is wondering.. there was a character named The Fallen in the old Dreamwave comics.

It looks like that character will be int he movie:

http://chud.com/articles/articles/15053 ... Page1.html

Yesterday I heard from a trustworthy source with access to the production that all of my assumptions were wrong. The Fallen of the title, I was told, is in fact the Fallen of the comics.

I have to admit I'm surprised by this, but it does make the title an awful lot less terrible. Now it actually has a meaning. And now the hardcore TransFans, the ones who felt the original didn't represent the stories they loved (they're nuts, since the original was really good and way better than any of the cartoons), can start getting excited. And then start getting angry, since that seems to be what fanbases do.

This could be really awesome and at the same time, really lame. Let's hope this isn't a weak substitute for Unicron. Then again, this could just be an indicator that Unicron will be in TF 3.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:19 pm

I hope that the dramatic return is from Jazz, and that he has a vendetta over being the lamest part in the first movie.
Or perhaps ORIGINAL Optimus Prime comes back and kicks Emo Prime's ass for being even a worse leader than Rodimus Prime.

I'm going to try to avoid this movie... although if a lot of my friends go, they'll just pester me until I do.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden